Favorite and least favorite Stephen King books/movies?

Options
BrainyBurro
BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
i liked "It" as a TV movie.

i didn't particularly like "Stand By Me".

Replies

• TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    11/22/63
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    I really enjoyed the Gunslinger series, except for Book 4 (Wizard and Glass). I have read so many of his books, it's hard to choose a favorite.

The Stand (made for TV) is probably my favorite of his films, with the exception of some bad acting in it. "It" scared the bejeebers out of me, both book and TV movie.

Worst film? The Dark Half and the one with Johnny Depp (can't remember the title, but it was based on a short story).

Worst book? Thinner.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    oh my I love most of his TV movies.

The Stand(which ws a book I loved as well)
    and IT(also loved book)
    were both just great.

I HATED the Langoliers.
  • SergeantG
    Options
    Eyes of the Dragon was my favorite Stephen King book....in fact, I named my daughter after one of the characters: Queen Sasha

I couldn't get through the book 'The Stand'....
  • BrainyBurro
    Options
    I really enjoyed the Gunslinger series, except for Book 4 (Wizard and Glass). I have read so many of his books, it's hard to choose a favorite.

The Stand (made for TV) is probably my favorite of his films, with the exception of some bad acting in it. "It" scared the bejeebers out of me, both book and TV movie.

Worst film? The Dark Half and the one with Johnny Depp (can't remember the title, but it was based on a short story).

Worst book? Thinner.

i liked The Stand as a book. the mini series was ok. didn't quite match what i had in my head. the beginning scene with the Blue Oyster Cult music was cool though.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Eyes of the Dragon was my favorite Stephen King book....in fact, I named my daughter after one of the characters: Queen Sasha

I will always love this book! He had written it for his daughter and my mom gave me her copy of the book when I was little. I would read it over and over.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I have a love/hate relationship with "The Mist". I just can't freaking believe the way it ends. It's just too messed up. I haven't seen it for a few years, and I'm still pissed about the ending every time I think about it! :grumble: :explode:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    He is my favorite, so I really like all of his books, and I LOVE the Dark Tower series. I'm really enjoying "Under the Dome" as a TV show, I love that they are changing things up and I can't predict everything.

I HATED the second version of the Shining (made for TV) even more than I disliked the Jack Nicholson version. And I really didn't like "Rose Red" either.

Most of the time, I am petty unhappy about anything of his that gets made into TV or movies, but there are some great ones out there. I loved the original Carrie movie. Shawshank Redemption is another example of a good one. Green Mile, too.

I'll stop now I could go ON about SK....

Long days and pleasant nights....
  • j3an22
    j3an22 Posts: 77
    Options
    I like "carrie"! my favorite version is the 70s version with sissy spe.... something. lol

least? idk I never read the books

do not see a lot of his movies or shows.

I do like Rose Red. I did read that well not exactly Stephen king one. I read "diary of Ellen Rimbaur. (sorry if I misspelled)
  • BrainyBurro
    Options

Worst book? Thinner.

Part 1 of "It" was really creepy. Tim Curry as the clown was brilliant casting.
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Only books, haven't seen many movies:

Favourite: The girl who loved Tom Gordon
    Least favourite: The long walk
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Favorite book is probably Insomnia. Or Needful things. Favorite movie is Pet Cemetery or It. I seriously own 90% of his books.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    He is my favorite, so I really like all of his books, and I LOVE the Dark Tower series. I'm really enjoying "Under the Dome" as a TV show, I love that they are changing things up and I can't predict everything.

I HATED the second version of the Shining (made for TV) even more than I disliked the Jack Nicholson version. And I really didn't like "Rose Red" either.

Most of the time, I am petty unhappy about anything of his that gets made into TV or movies, but there are some great ones out there. I loved the original Carrie movie. Shawshank Redemption is another example of a good one. Green Mile, too.

I'll stop now I could go ON about SK....

Long days and pleasant nights....

Shawshank is one of my all time fave movies.
  • AnthonyKolka
    AnthonyKolka Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Fav: Eyes of the Dragon
    least fav: Cujo

I have read almost everyone of his books and love most of them. I am a huge fan of the Dark Tower series and related books. I love Insomnia.
  • FitbitVanessa
    FitbitVanessa Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Different Seasons (its a book of short stories /novellas including shawshank redemption and apt pupil.) One of the best books ever written in my opinion.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Hard question!

Fave Book: The Shining

Least Fave: Bag of Bones

Best Movie Adaptation: Green Mile, Dolores Clairborne

****ty Adaptation: The Langoliers (the CGI was turrible)
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    My favorite book/movie is The Green Mile. Well written and the movie followed the book and had a great cast!
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Christine was the first I read so I always have a bit of a soft spot for that one. Cell was probably my least favorite.
  • ECTexan
    ECTexan Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Huge SK fan! IT was my favorite book, but I thought the movie was really bad comparatively. The movies that remain most true to the book like Pet Cemetary, Carrie, 1408, Cujo, Apt Pupil, etc are really great. The new Under the Dome miniseries is good, too. Worst book for me was Insomnia. It was so boring I never finished it which is unheard of for me.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    My favorite book is It, followed closely by The Stand and The Shining.

I think the movie adaptations have generally been awful, but I liked The Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile.