Favorite and least favorite Stephen King books/movies?

Options

Replies

• judypriv
    judypriv Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Best TV movie was IT. Still scares me.
    I also liked the Shining.
    Worst movie was Thinner. I wish they would remake that now with better actors and CGI.
    I didn't like The Stand, I couldn't get into it and I thought the acting was awful.
    best film was Dolores Claireborne.
  • kenmunson333
    kenmunson333 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Favorite book: The Stand
    Least Favorite Book: Pet Semetary
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Christine was the first I read so I always have a bit of a soft spot for that one. Cell was probably my least favorite.

Yeah, Cell was bad.
  • bamabutterfly83
    bamabutterfly83 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Books: Duma Key hands down

Movie: The Green Mile
  • kanadian_bear
    Options
    I think my most favorite would have to be 11/22/63 but right now I am a HUGE fan of his son Joe Hill. He has the same vivid imagination as his dad (even writes very similar) but in my opinion .. fresher ideas. Just loved NOS4A2 which I recently finished and on to HEART SHAPED BOX.
  • Enkibean
    Enkibean Posts: 56
    Options
    So many good ones, its hard to pick a favorite. Worst is easy...Gerald's Game, hands down.
  • happywithme12
    happywithme12 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I am a HUGE stephen king and I think out of all the movies and books that i have read and seen i would have to say that Rose Red is my favorite but i also like delores claiborne because that guy totally got what was coming to him. I also have to agree that i did not like the ending of "The Mist" and I hated the ending of "IT" although the book was better than the movie. Shawshank Redemption is also a wonderful movie---i loved the ending of that. The green mile was one of his better but Rose Red has to be my favorite, its creepy and keeps you on edge of your seat.
  • simsburyjet
    simsburyjet Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Favorite was The Stand and The Shining
    Least was Carrie
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    Book: Either Needful Things or The Stand

Movie: Maximum Overdrive (That movie had everything good in the world.)
  • MenaMena
    MenaMena Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Loved and Hated Gerald's Game. It is hard to pick a favorite because it changes every time he writes a new one.
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Book: Dark Tower vs. not sure. Dolores Claiborne?
    Film: Shawshank Redemption (it outclasses "Rita Hayworth", IMO) vs. Needful Things (ugh).

I hope it's obvious which is best vs. worst...

Yeah, I know DT is a series and I won't pick a single book out of it, so, if I have to pick one, then The Stand.
  • jonjhayden
    jonjhayden Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Favorite Movies: Shawshank Redemption, The Shining, and maybe The Running Man
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Desperation and The Regulators where pretty cool too.
  • nyrina4life
    nyrina4life Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Favorite movie: Carrie / Christine... both were great

Favorite book: Ahem... Christine

Limited on book reads, so no least favs...
  • BobSleeved
    BobSleeved Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Favorite Book: The Shining
    Least Favorite Book: 'Salems Lot
    Favorite Movie: Green Mile and Misery
    Least Favorite Movie: The Stanley Kubrick version of The Shining
  • happywithme12
    happywithme12 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I could hate one of his books or movie and still not have a least favorite because he is my favorite author but I could never get in to the dark tower series, maybe one day i will try again and see how it goes.
  • lolalament
    lolalament Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My favourite book is Misery.However, my sister hated it because of some of the writing

My least favourite is Desperation, as it was so unrealistic.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I am not a huge fan of his books, well, not a fan at all, because I find them very dull in the beginning and they dont hold my interest.

His movies are intense at times, though. "It" scared the hell out of me as a kid.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    11/22/63

actually seriously one of the best books I've ever read. I can't believe how much I loved that book, I know a lot of people found it boring or too long but I couldn't put it down.

I love the Green Mile, book and movie, another one of my favorites. it's funny cause I love Stephen King's books that aren't horror and find the scary ones I've tried to be kinda mediocre. I would like to read It and a couple others though, mostly the Dark Tower series.
  • Valqis
    Valqis Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I have read almost everyone of his books and love most of them. I am a huge fan of the Dark Tower series and related books. I love Insomnia.

I have read all of his pre-1993 stuff and all his stuff since his accident. Insomnia is one book i just could NOT get my head around, did not make it thru it. May have to give it another try, just to see if it was where I was at the time.

All time favorite has to be the Stand with any of the Dark Tower books coming a close second.... It was because of Dark Tower that I finally decided to give Harry Potter a try, go fig, huh?