Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Near Fast for one day

2»

Replies

• Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Seabassx2 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the comments. Someone asked why? Quite simply I want to lose some weight. I think it will be interesting to push some limits to see what it happens. My goal is to lose 2 lbs per week.

You need a deficit of 7000 calories to lose 2lb. Unless you normally eat 7000 calories per day, "nearly" fasting for one day will not get you to your goal.
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    edited January 2018
    Seabassx2 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the comments. Someone asked why? Quite simply I want to lose some weight. I think it will be interesting to push some limits to see what it happens. My goal is to lose 2 lbs per week.

You need a deficit of 7000 calories to lose 2lb. Unless you normally eat 7000 calories per day, "nearly" fasting for one day will not get you to your goal.

Or you’ll lose water weight and food weight and then immediately put it back on the moment you eat something.
  • amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    Psychgrrl wrote: »
    The fast of today is often followed by the binge of tomorrow.

Words to live by
  • sksk1026
    sksk1026 Posts: 215 Member
    Sounds grim and unsustainable. I lose 2lb per week eating way more than that. Suffering does not burn more calories! Eat more - you're far more likely to stick to your eating plan long-term.