Options
13»

Replies

• dkmuzzy
    dkmuzzy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    http://inshapemd.com/

Here is their website. Note the Dr OZ Keytones ad... :noway:

Oz originally advocated this *kitten*! He needs to be sued for malpractice & lose his MD license for all the horrible "advice" he's given people!
  • dkmuzzy
    dkmuzzy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    UPDATE

So I did file the complaint and the attorney general started an investigation. My mom and cousin apparently found out today and have been sending my hateful texts and emails. My mom stated that she is extremely embarrassed, will be writing a letter to the clinic asking for forgiveness for my actions and helping the clinic write their appeal to the attorney general.

My mom is done with HCG now, so I guess that is a win but I have truly lost these two relationships. Sadly, they are going to defend that mess and joke because someone cared about them and wanted them to be healthy.

I'm sorry I didn't see this before I initially replied. That'll teach me not to read through all the posts!

Here's what's important - thanks to you, your Mom will be ALIVE long enough to get over being angry with you, and for you two to work things out.
  • hulahoopmama
    hulahoopmama Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    The cops are not meant to keep people from taking a legal product that makes them eat less. It is not FDA verified (for weight loss) but it is FDA approved= " those that meet certain conditions set by FDA can be marketed." (http://www.fda.gov/forconsumers/consumerupdates/ucm281333.htm)

The use of HCG isn't illegal but it needs to be monitored by a doctor. Online communities say 500 calorie diets but your doc will never prescribe under 1200 because they could indeed lose their license (unless the patient is under medical emergency to lose the weight).

I may have some insight into your mother's perspective as I have completed and currently am doing a very low calorie diet with appetite suppressing drops (not HCG, but same diet plan and calories).

When something works it is very difficult to doubt the facts. When you step on the scale and lose a pound everyday you will be motivated to keep to the diet until it is over (and it does end).

There are enormous surges of energy and the product claims that your body is using 1400-2000 calories in stored fat it is burning to keep you nourished. The diet feels incredibily healthy and balanced when you're doing it. Basically there is no snacking or eating processed foods or oils. I would ask her why she feels the need to get the results so quickly? It doesn't sound like you are understanding why she is doing it, just that you want her to stop.

I would feel if my sister acted in the way you are acting that she is crazy and does not understand me. Your best approach is to outline why her diet is unhealthy from a strictly nutritional approach (not caloric because the diet's platform debunks that). Is she eating tons of sodium? not getting enough protein for her body size, etc. Those are what will help her understand why you are acting the way you are, from a place of love and caring, not meddling.
  • cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I would love to see how this plays out.. glad you finally woke up and moved forward..
  • cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    The cops are not meant to keep people from taking a legal product that makes them eat less. It is not FDA verified (for weight loss) but it is FDA approved= " those that meet certain conditions set by FDA can be marketed." (http://www.fda.gov/forconsumers/consumerupdates/ucm281333.htm)

The use of HCG isn't illegal but it needs to be monitored by a doctor. Online communities say 500 calorie diets but your doc will never prescribe under 1200 because they could indeed lose their license (unless the patient is under medical emergency to lose the weight).

I may have some insight into your mother's perspective as I have completed and currently am doing a very low calorie diet with appetite suppressing drops (not HCG, but same diet plan and calories).

When something works it is very difficult to doubt the facts. When you step on the scale and lose a pound everyday you will be motivated to keep to the diet until it is over (and it does end).

There are enormous surges of energy and the product claims that your body is using 1400-2000 calories in stored fat it is burning to keep you nourished. The diet feels incredibily healthy and balanced when you're doing it. Basically there is no snacking or eating processed foods or oils. I would ask her why she feels the need to get the results so quickly? It doesn't sound like you are understanding why she is doing it, just that you want her to stop.

I would feel if my sister acted in the way you are acting that she is crazy and does not understand me. Your best approach is to outline why her diet is unhealthy from a strictly nutritional approach (not caloric because the diet's platform debunks that). Is she eating tons of sodium? not getting enough protein for her body size, etc. Those are what will help her understand why you are acting the way you are, from a place of love and caring, not meddling.
    What! SMH, well - if you want to promote this hogwash find a private channel. This channel was dedicated to someone seeking help and not for someone who wants to defend this dangerous "DIEt". Obviously you are not doing the right research or are blind to the facts. If you were you would not be advocating such a dangerous idea. Also, you failed to read the health issues the mother was having as the result of the "DIEt".
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    How did your mother and cousin find out it was you who reported the clinic? I'm surprised they would tell her. Don't they allow anonymous tips?
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

What! SMH, well - if you want to promote this hogwash find a private channel. This channel was dedicated to someone seeking help and not for someone who wants to defend this dangerous "DIEt". Obviously you are not doing the right research or are blind to the facts. If you were you would not be advocating such a dangerous idea. Also, you failed to read the health issues the mother was having as the result of the "DIEt".

This!!!

And what happens when you stop??? I bet $ it comes back!
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    OP you did the right thing. Your mother and cousin don't see it now, and they either will come to their senses and thank you later or they won't. Either way please know that you did the right thing!!! Be strong.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    OP give yourself one of these for me

Van-Der-Beek-High-Five-GIF.gif
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options

I truly wish someone would love you enough to do some meddling, as you are doing a very dangerous VLCD and you will do harm to yourself if you haven't already and most likely regain everything you have lost and more.
    Such a shame that people feel they have to do this to themselves.
  • chelseal77
    Options
    I'm not sure it's the hcg... with you saying their is no actual doctor prescribing this, then it may not actually be a pure hcg formula. She could be putting something else into her body. Also, your mother could have other health problems that are just being brought out by the hcg. Idk, just a thought. I haven't heard of issues quite like this from anyone.