LADIES--Best sports bra?

Options
I am a 34DD and having trouble finding the right sports bra. Most of the ones I have found come in S,M,L, XL. I order to cover my breasts completely I have to get an XL, but then its too baggy and I end up with feeling like they are gonna leap out of my top at the gym. Highly frustrated!!

Replies

• __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I recently bought off Amazon some Lonsdale sports bras, they do them in the correct sizes and not S, M, L etc, they do the cup sizes.

I have done two runs in them and didn't even know I had them on, they were so comfortable!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0054TSU2W/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

OP I did take a quick look and they have got some 34DD sizes there, they do all different colours too!
  • wheezeybouncer
    wheezeybouncer Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have a 36FF Shock Absorber... worth every penny of the £30 I paid. My last one lasted 2yrs and the last month it's been haning on by a hook!

bravissimo.co.uk could be your friend x
  • brit__2006
    brit__2006 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I recently bought off Amazon some Lonsdale sports bras, they do them in the correct sizes and not S, M, L etc, they do the cup sizes.

I have done two runs in them and didn't even know I had them on, they were so comfortable!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0054TSU2W/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

OP I did take a quick look and they have got some 34DD sizes there, they do all different colours too!

Does this bra have compression in it or just support? I'm in the same boat as the OP.
  • jgal86
    jgal86 Posts: 77
    Options
    I don't have very big boobs (34C) but I invested in a Victorias Secret sports bra. They sizing is awesome there and the bra is good quality with lots of support!
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I am a 32DD and I used to use Moving Comfort but they can be pricey. I actually bought a few sports bras at Old Navy that I love. I don't use them to run all of the time, but they get the job done.
  • FitbitVanessa
    FitbitVanessa Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort Fiona bra is terrific for my 36D's. I run, kickbox, do boot camp and this bra keeps everything in place.
  • bethFromDayton
    bethFromDayton Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Enell--I bought mine at a bra specialty store and it's a fantastic bra. (I was a 40or42 DD when I bought it)
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Does this bra have compression in it or just support? I'm in the same boat as the OP.

I will be honest, I have no idea if it is a compression bra, but I will say this, I am bigger in the chest than the OP and when I run with this bra on, my chest does not bounce about, it is 100% supported.

They are on sale at the moment on Amazon, I bought five, am thinking of buying some more too haha
  • HelaB
    HelaB Posts: 9
    Options
    Have a look around Lululemon.

I bought a TaTa Tamer 3 years and rode DH bikes, swam, kick box, run etc in it and its still a great bra.

Highly recommend.
  • bdenitto
    bdenitto Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I use the Glamorise Women's No Bounce Full Support Sport Bra from Amazon. They don't cost a lot which was great considering I have gone from a 44DD to a 36DD in the last year. I have had to replace bras frequently. I use them for jogging, spinning, and lifting. I just bought a Moving Comfort Maia bra since I am getting closer to my goal weight. I have been happy with it as well. It does an amazing job of keeping things in place and giving support. It is better than the Glamorise but I still think for the money...you can't beat the Glamorise. Make sure you measure yourself properly!
  • schnoomom
    schnoomom Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    LOVE this bra. Title Nine does a great job of helping define fit. 36D and I run and do Jazzercise in it and it's super comfortable. Straps adjust in the front with Velcro...no pinching or binding. Love this sports bra.

http://www.titlenine.com/product/310184.do#.Ufq_AF8o6K4
  • robjenga
    robjenga Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    In for pics...
  • ruwise
    ruwise Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I have a Shock Absorber D+ Max Sports Bra. I cannot overstate how great it is. I have never been able to run before but now I can. It's amazing. Only thing I would say is get fitted. I wasusually a 38E and my sports bras were 40FF. I'm almost at the stage where I need to get refitted which is a bit of a pain as they are pricey.
  • kickboxerdiva
    kickboxerdiva Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    When I started on my journey I was a 36G, now I'm down to a 34F, although I'm probably a DD now if I went to get measured. Under Armour makes sports bras that go up to a DD. My new favorite brand is Moving Comfort. Their Rebound Racer and Juno bras are sized like bras and also go up to a DD. Both can be found at D!ck's Sporting Goods (in store or online) as well as other retailers I'm sure. Also, and I preface this by saying this is not the best solution, sometimes I double up on the regular S,M,L,XL sports bras. Two compress me enough that it works for me even with my high impact workouts and I've never had a nip-slip; because that would be bad. :laugh: :embarassed: Hope that helps!
  • RedHotHunter
    RedHotHunter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    In for pics...

:tongue:

38G Here and love the Shock Absorber bras. They are comfortable and really hold you in place.
  • 123dmc
    123dmc Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi! You and I wear the same size.

I hate the uniboob / compression type bras.

My very favorite is the Sport Underwire by Wacoal. Style 855170. LOVE THEM. I have even worn one during a triathlon with zero issues. So comfortable and supportive. And they wash/wear extremely well.

:flowerforyou:
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Hi! You and I wear the same size.

I hate the uniboob / compression type bras.

My very favorite is the Sport Underwire by Wacoal. Style 855170. LOVE THEM. I have even worn one during a triathlon with zero issues. So comfortable and supportive. And they wash/wear extremely well.

:flowerforyou:

Second.

ETA I mean second the recommendation, not that I have the same bra size. I wouldn't want to post that in the forum! :blushing:
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I am 38DD and have some Champion brand high impact sports bras that work well for regular exercise with great coverage, I also have an Enell sports bra (65$) for running or high impact... problem I have with spending loads of money on sports bras is when I lose weight they dont fit and its a big investment for such a short amount of time. I know that Champion runs true to size you could wear their 34DD/Medium well I believe