Options

Replies

• jainm1234
    jainm1234 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    BUMP for later use :)
  • marthasweeder
    Options
    H&M sport in size M(I am the same size) gives me total compression ,I never knew I could bounce and run without my girls bouncing and hurting , in this bra they are completely STILL.(I have got the one with the zip) I recently bought different ones ,but this one has been a winner for me
  • robjenga
    robjenga Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    BUMP for later use :)

I concur.
  • UndercoverAngel74
    UndercoverAngel74 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Thanks all of the suggestions ladies!!
  • smujambo
    smujambo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This blog might help - she has a load of reviews (and photos so you can see how they truly fit).
    http://fullerfigurefullerbust.com/category/sports-bras/
  • brit__2006
    brit__2006 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I recently bought off Amazon some Lonsdale sports bras, they do them in the correct sizes and not S, M, L etc, they do the cup sizes.

I have done two runs in them and didn't even know I had them on, they were so comfortable!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0054TSU2W/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

OP I did take a quick look and they have got some 34DD sizes there, they do all different colours too!

Does this bra have compression in it or just support? I'm in the same boat as the OP.

I will be honest, I have no idea if it is a compression bra, but I will say this, I am bigger in the chest than the OP and when I run with this bra on, my chest does not bounce about, it is 100% supported.

They are on sale at the moment on Amazon, I bought five, am thinking of buying some more too haha

I seen that since they are so cheap I may have to try it out.
  • brit__2006
    Options
    I am a 32DD and I used to use Moving Comfort but they can be pricey. I actually bought a few sports bras at Old Navy that I love. I don't use them to run all of the time, but they get the job done.

Question for you, did you just order the size you knew you were or use their sizing guide? I am a 36 DD easily, yet using their guide it said 42C. These puppies won't fit into a c, and i'm scared 42 wouldn't be tight enough around the rib cage. Or is this how sports bra sizes work? I'm 44'' loosly around chest, and 36-37'' around rib cage. (depending on how deep of breathe. lol)
  • brit__2006
    Options
    Lonsdale Sports Bra on amazon is not available to the u.s.a
    BOO
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I am a 32DD and I used to use Moving Comfort but they can be pricey. I actually bought a few sports bras at Old Navy that I love. I don't use them to run all of the time, but they get the job done.

Question for you, did you just order the size you knew you were or use their sizing guide? I am a 36 DD easily, yet using their guide it said 42C. These puppies won't fit into a c, and i'm scared 42 wouldn't be tight enough around the rib cage. Or is this how sports bra sizes work? I'm 44'' loosly around chest, and 36-37'' around rib cage. (depending on how deep of breathe. lol)

I am pretty sure I got a 34D in their sizes. I have a 32D also and it's a bit tight, but not too uncomfortable. So I did size up for ribcage and down for cup size.
  • bert16
    bert16 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Love love love the Moving Comfort Fiona bra; I'm a 34DD runner and have at least a dozen of them.
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Under Armour got some good quality sports bras. Little pricey, but worth it!
  • whatevany
    whatevany Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi! You and I wear the same size.

I hate the uniboob / compression type bras.

My very favorite is the Sport Underwire by Wacoal. Style 855170. LOVE THEM. I have even worn one during a triathlon with zero issues. So comfortable and supportive. And they wash/wear extremely well.

:flowerforyou:

I agree. I am a 34H and the 34G fits me well and holds the girls in place :smile: I wore it as an everyday bra before I started exercising again. Nordstrom had it on sale for around $42.00
  • dlbaron
    dlbaron Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I wear a 32E and LOVE shock absorber. I won't go running in public without one. They're expensive but I think it's worth it for a few reasons. One main one being they aren't too stretchy so if the band starts to feel tight I know I'm gaining weight! I do also have one underarmor one I like. The pull over stretchy ones I have I only wear during no-impact excercise.
  • cenafan
    cenafan Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Lululemon Ta-Ta Tamer II

best bra ever! nothing moves but no uni-boob.
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    You need a regular bra-sized one, with underwire. There is a great Natori one at Nordstrom, it's a knit one, thick band, when I had Gs they didn't budge. There are some Champion ones that have underwire too, a little cheaper than Natori
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Lonsdale Sports Bra on amazon is not available to the u.s.a
    BOO

Dang! That is frustrating! I wonder why it is not available? :frown:
  • Katy_V
    Katy_V Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Ladies in the UK - have you tried Lessbounce.com? Not sure if they deliver to US :cry: but there are loads of reviews on that site from women of all different sizes/requirements, so you can read up on the different brands

PS. All about Shock Absorber (Run) or Panache (underwired) for my DDs!

PPS. I have no relationship with that site at all - I just think it's ace
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    I have a 36FF Shock Absorber... worth every penny of the £30 I paid. My last one lasted 2yrs and the last month it's been haning on by a hook!

bravissimo.co.uk could be your friend x

32F here and I use a Shock Absorber too, they make them for different activity levels, I got a "run" one as it has the most support. Try plenty on and jump up and down in the changing room to check for bounce :laugh:
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I really love the Champion ones. I like that I get separation and support. My HRM band fits nicely underneath it too. I may try the Shock Absorber since I've heard good things, but I love my Champion so much I don't know if I will!

Edit: Oh, right! 36DD here!
  • enchantedgardener
    enchantedgardener Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Shock Absorber all the way!

Running/jogging has been uncomfortable to downright impossible since my early teens. Shock Absorber is the only sports bra I've ever owned that allows me the freedom to do whatever type of exercise I choose: run, jump, etc.