Eggs are wicked

Well I love eggs, so much to do with them. Best protein grab out there, only problem is I have to start taking out some yolk that killing my high carb diet.

Who else likes them eggs.

Replies

• MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    I keep chickens and their eggs are the absolute best. In a bit of a seasonal lull right now but man when they are laying, it's eggs all the time. Can't bring myself to buy supermarket eggs.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    i go through a carton of mix whites/yolk or so a day averaged out lol.
  • Wingsont84
    Wingsont84 Posts: 335 Member
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    i go through a carton of mix whites/yolk or so a day averaged out lol.

They are definitely a great source, people at work hate it lol, so I try to keep my eggs at home before work and make some kind of chicken chilli or rice fry with eggs and tuna. They don't *kitten* as much about tuna
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,179 Member
    Wingsont84 wrote: »
    The yolk is cholesterol, not carbohydrate. Enjoy in good science.

Yes but the fat level is over powering my carb diet

This confuses me. Are you focusing on maximizing carbohydrate intake while minimizing fat and protein? It's not necessarily wrong, it's just unusual that anyone posts comments without occupying the extremities of keto or vegan, with the occasional vegan keto unicorn.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    huh....keto kind is nothing like high carb...that makes no sense...

i do high carb (279g at low and 379g at high) - if i want eggs i do 1 normal egg and bulk up with egg whites on high days (lower fat) and on higher fat days, i do more normal eggs
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    The yolk is cholesterol, not carbohydrate. Enjoy in good science.

Yes but the fat level is over powering my carb diet

This confuses me. Are you focusing on maximizing carbohydrate intake while minimizing fat and protein? It's not necessarily wrong, it's just unusual that anyone posts comments without occupying the extremities of keto or vegan, with the occasional vegan keto unicorn.

I may have made it hard for people to understand, probably why I barely made it out of high school lol

I am trying to run a high carb diet, with a good protein intake also, and less fat. Guess you can say it's keto kind of diet.

Huh? That is almost literally the exact opposite of keto.
  • Wingsont84
    huh....keto kind is nothing like high carb...that makes no sense...

i do high carb (279g at low and 379g at high) - if i want eggs i do 1 normal egg and bulk up with egg whites on high days (lower fat) and on higher fat days, i do more normal eggs

I wasn't trying to do a keto diet, I am actually taking on my own diet. High carbs low fat, and protein, I have never looked up on keto diet, just figured by Barry saying is was somewhat like keto.

I stick with choosing a higher carb or fat, never have both the same protein stays the same.
  • Wingsont84
    My diet right now run 50/20/30, so far down 9 lbs
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    You should be able to fit in yolks on that (I cannot throw away yolks, some use one with 2-3 whites). I'd leave off other sources of fat (butter, cheese, olive oil) to fit in the yolks personally, if it were an issue, although I know eggs with yolks aren't high protein.

That's not really high carb (although the macros seem fine).

If this is just a "fun to complain about stuff" post, I get it and appreciate it, and agree that eggs are great.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    I am betting OP regrets mentioning yolks at all now in a thread just meant to talk about how great eggs are.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Eggs are such a staple of my daily diet that I couldn't imagine not eating them regardless of my macro split.
  • Falklang
    Falklang Posts: 220 Member
    Love eggs! :smiley: Have 2 religiously each morning on toast and feeling great. :p
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 905 Member
    I eat a ‘low’ fat diet but love scrambled
    Eggs on toast, I usually use 2 eggs then
    Add 200g of egg whites, makes a nice
    High protein,carb meal with low fat