Eggs are wicked

Replies

• starryphoenix
    starryphoenix Posts: 381 Member
    edited January 2018
    Eggs are such a breakfast blessing.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    There's no one on this earth that loves eggs more than I do. I have diversified my intake since then, but I was at one point eating 8-10 eggs per day.

Scrambled eggs are sooooooo tasty.

You are my food twin. I go through 4-5 doz a week. I do separate them and eat mostly whites. That lets me eat more ;) the fat in the yolks is a significant increase in cals.
  • WhereIsPJSoles
    WhereIsPJSoles Posts: 622 Member
    lol I feel bad for this OP. I don’t do a high carb diet so I don’t know the struggles, but I guess one of the biggest ones might be trying to explain that you do, in fact, want carbs
  • Wingsont84
    Wingsont84 Posts: 335 Member
    50c/20f/30p
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    50 g carbs isn't really high carb, but those macros are reasonable and it's nice to see someone not scared of carbs. If you feel strongly about keeping those macros, you could look at cutting fat elsewhere to fit in more delicious egg yolks (or just eat more of the whites).

I love eggs, but the whites alone don't appeal to me, and throwing away perfectly good food makes me sad. I'd bulk up an omelet with the carton egg whites if I wanted to increase protein without increasing fat, however -- might be worth a try.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,899 Member
    What does eggs or tuna have to do with coworkers.....screw them and what they have to say about what you eat!
    Unless your burning this stuff up in the microwave....thats just rude!
  • Wingsont84
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    50 g carbs isn't really high carb, but those macros are reasonable and it's nice to see someone not scared of carbs. If you feel strongly about keeping those macros, you could look at cutting fat elsewhere to fit in more delicious egg yolks (or just eat more of the whites).

I love eggs, but the whites alone don't appeal to me, and throwing away perfectly good food makes me sad. I'd bulk up an omelet with the carton egg whites if I wanted to increase protein without increasing fat, however -- might be worth a try.

It's a percentage 50%c and 20%f and 30%p, so every meal try to keep the percent within as within my calories.

Yes I don't want to throw out food, I would buy them cartons of whites.
  • Wingsont84
    dsboohead wrote: »
    What does eggs or tuna have to do with coworkers.....screw them and what they have to say about what you eat!
    Unless your burning this stuff up in the microwave....thats just rude!

Lmafo, they don't care so much. But eggs can send a bad smell, and tuna and rice fried needs Abit of heat to enjoy better
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    I'm highly disappointed in the macro split of this so-called high carb diet. I thought the new trend on MFP would be to eat nothing but white bread and hard candy. I love eggs but if they don't fit your diet don't eat them.
  • Wingsont84
    I'm highly disappointed in the macro split of this so-called high carb diet. I thought the new trend on MFP would be to eat nothing but white bread and hard candy. I love eggs but if they don't fit your diet don't eat them.

What's wrong with a high carb diet, veggies, oats... Are great. Eggs white are fine
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Wingsont84 wrote: »

What's wrong with a high carb diet, veggies, oats... Are great. Eggs white are fine

think the point was that thats a pretty average amount of carbs and high carb tripped people up lol. My general diet is 75-80% carbs and i dont consider my diet high carb xD
  • Wingsont84
    JaydedMiss wrote: »

think the point was that thats a pretty average amount of carbs and high carb tripped people up lol. My general diet is 75-80% carbs and i dont consider my diet high carb xD

Maybe they think I am going out, buying McDonald's and eating chips.

Pretty much just making carbs my higher then my fat intake
  • Live_life_well
    Live_life_well Posts: 86 Member
    There's no one on this earth that loves eggs more than I do. I have diversified my intake since then, but I was at one point eating 8-10 eggs per day.

You are my food twin. I go through 4-5 doz a week. I do separate them and eat mostly whites. That lets me eat more ;) the fat in the yolks is a significant increase in cals.

But the yolk is sooooo tasty.
  • Wingsont84

But the yolk is sooooo tasty.

I can get away with one yolk maybe two , but not 4
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    JaydedMiss wrote: »

Maybe they think I am going out, buying McDonald's and eating chips.

Pretty much just making carbs my higher then my fat intake

That sounds a bit high in fat.
  • lemurcat12

It's a percentage 50%c and 20%f and 30%p, so every meal try to keep the percent within as within my calories.

Yeah, I know, I just wrote it stupidly. My mistake.

50 g would be keto, I was talking about 50%, although I didn't say that.

50% is not high carb, typical carb is something like 40-65%, so it's in the middle, really, and the MFP default.

I wouldn't think you'd need to make every meal that ratio, but whatever works for you.
  • Wingsont84

Yeah, I know, I just wrote it stupidly. My mistake.

50 g would be keto, I was talking about 50%, although I didn't say that.

50% is not high carb, typical carb is something like 40-65%, so it's in the middle, really, and the MFP default.

I wouldn't think you'd need to make every meal that ratio, but whatever works for you.

I just typed in what I wanted my percentage, so if it MFP default then it's probably not hard to make it close to a MFP default.

And every meal I try to keep close, clearly it's out abit or I would have to eat same thing each meal, and weigh each meal the same
  • lemurcat12
    I don't really worry about percentage of carbs vs. fat, just protein, but often I have meals that vary a lot.

Used to have low carb/high fat breakfasts -- something like a 2 egg omelet with lots of vegetables, some smoked salmon or low fat cottage cheese on the side. Then maybe a lower fat/higher carb lunch -- bean chili with lots of veg on rice. And then a middle of the road dinner (roasted chicken (skin on!), sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and cauliflower). Just a sample.

If you wanted to fit in more fat at breakfast you could do something like that.

4 eggs with the yolks is probably harder to balance than my two, though, so if you enjoy the carton egg whites, that might be a good option.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    haha. Still giggling at myself for eating 14 egg whites near daily. Used to think thats to much and fight it, But really my protein cakes are basically solid protein meals so why not XD