Seeking information/advice regarding ice cream

Options
Hey, so if I were to ask if it was ok to eat an ice cream cone from mcdonalds every day, the answer is obviously no. However, my question is, with specifics, why?

The nutrition information is as follows:

145 kcal, 5g fat, 17g sugar

Now, none of these numbers seem really high. Sugar could be lower but, there are many many things with higher sugar content.

Let's assume a scenario in which I couldn't care less about calories, what are my reasons for avoiding eating this food on a regular basis?

Replies

• Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I eat ice cream almost every night.

And thus I am of no use to you, except to say "I'd eat the ice cream."
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I scream you scream, we all scream for ice cream....

You ever have a butterscotch dipped cone at DQ?

You may want to change your plan of attack.
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Hey, so if I were to ask if it was ok to eat an ice cream cone from mcdonalds every day, the answer is obviously no.

I would say "no" simply because it's incorrect grammar. It should say "If I were to ask if it WERE ok...." You got half of it right. *grin*

Otherwise, the answer is not as obvious because I would say, "Sure, IIFYM."
  • ryanprior
    Options
    I was half hoping somebody would say that. However, I refuse to believe that there's no catch to eating ice cream every day o_o
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I think I am going to buy an ice cream maker. Also I eat ice cream in shake form all the time. :smile:
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    before the sugar shamers get in here......

If it fits into your goals for the day, go for it. There is nothing wrong with ice cream.
  • narya12
    narya12 Posts: 9
    Options
    Because it's not real ice cream. It's a chemical-laden garbage from McDonald's.

Eat real food.
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Why not have a cone each day? I drink a beer or a glass of wine every day. Okay, maybe you'll end up with lactose intolerance or something if you do it long enough? *shrugs* dunno. I still don't see why not - I have lactose intolerance and it hasn't stopped me from eating ice cream.
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I think I can eat one of those Mcdonalds cones in one bite. I would eat it but I wouldn't exactly emulate me :smile:
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    IIFYM!

If you can fit it in and it works with your plan then why not have it everyday?
  • ryanprior
    Options

Eat real food.

soz arnie, will try harder next time
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I was half hoping somebody would say that. However, I refuse to believe that there's no catch to eating ice cream every day o_o

What kind of catch could there be? If at the end of the night there are calories left and I've made my protein/fat goal I eat it. I had a cup of Carrot Cake ice cream last night. Wasn't as good as the Red Velvet I've been eating lately but you gotta make due with what's in the freezer.
  • ryanprior
    Options
    IIFYM!

If you can fit it in and it works with your plan then why not have it everyday?

this was the point of the thread, I too cannot see why not. wanted to find out if there was something specific about ice cream other than the obvious calorie, sugar, fat content that was worth avoiding
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    No reason not to eat it every day :smile:
  • darkangeljanie
    Options
    Get the ones that say dairy on them, then you know it's coming from a natural product as in a cow, if it doesn't say dairy god only know what you get in it on top of all the sugar and fat and what not. A great alternative to icecream would be frozen yogurt but again there's sugar. I don't really eat ice cream a lot, I'm more of a chocoholic.
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Real ice cream is made of milk, cream, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and whatever flavors you add to it. It's actually pretty much the healthiest "real" dessert you can get.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Hey, so if I were to ask if it was ok to eat an ice cream cone from mcdonalds every day, the answer is obviously no. However, my question is, with specifics, why?

The answer is NOT obviously "no."
    The answer is YES! If it fits into your calorie goal, and you are hitting your macros, then go for it. I normally eat ice cream everyday.
  • ryanprior
    Options
    thanks a lot for the responses, appreciated
  • Johanne1957
    Johanne1957 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    If you don't have issues with sugars...hey...go for it...!!!
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options

Eat real food.

Geez, we're talking about ice cream here. Is there a nutritionally significant difference between "real" ice cream and McD's? Are you suggesting that if you got soft-serve ice cream from another source that it would be somehow better for you? Chemical-laden garbage is by no means exclusive to McD's...

If you want ice cream, just make room for it in your calories and macros. If that happens to be every day, then more power tuya.