Favorite brand (non-see-through) leggings?

Options
aliencheesecake
aliencheesecake Posts: 570 Member
edited January 2018 in Fitness and Exercise
I am on the search for a legging that is not gonna break my bank but that I can bend over in at the gym without my *kitten* showing through. Any suggestions? Right now I just wear cotton leggings and shorts over top, but I'd like to get some better quality leggings so this is not necessary.

EDIT: "kitten?" Oh FFS. lol My "butt."

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Constantly Varied Gear has some fun, squat-proof, ones. They're usually about $35.
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    I got mine from a walgreens.
    They are pretty thick and you cannot see through them.
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Check out Grrrrl clothing and Superfit Hero- they are woman-owned, great companies! Grrrrl is more affordable.
  • EHollander89
    EHollander89 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I love GRRRL clothing! I also wear leggings from Reebok, Under Armour, and Victoria Sport. I'm lucky that we have an outlet mall in town so I have lots of options. You can also check stores like Dick's or Nordstrom Rack for more brands at decent prices. Right now I believe Victoria Secret is having their semi-annual sale. Target also has some nice workout gear.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Walmart....the black Danskin dri-fit are $12-$15 dollars. They aren't see through when I lift and they're moisture wicking when I run.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I have mostly Walmart New Boundaries polyester leggings. $6 and last longer than their Faded Glory and Danskin cotton leggings. I like my Old Navy leggings for working out. The compression line is a good heavy fabric for lifting. Their running leggings are cooler, but are like a 90's spandex fabric and don't leave much to the imagination. I have a really big butt, have to size down to fit my waist, and still can't see through any of my leggings.
  • leelafit_mtl
    leelafit_mtl Posts: 132 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Fabletics!
  • Inspirationalwaterjug
    Options
    I like my Nike and Reebok ones. Also snag a bunch from Ross, but you gotta do the bend over test In the fitting room they're hit or miss.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    Walmart....the black Danskin dri-fit are $12-$15 dollars. They aren't see through when I lift and they're moisture wicking when I run.
    I have mostly Walmart New Boundaries polyester leggings. $6 and last longer than their Faded Glory and Danskin cotton leggings. I like my Old Navy leggings for working out. The compression line is a good heavy fabric for lifting. Their running leggings are cooler, but are like a 90's spandex fabric and don't leave much to the imagination. I have a really big butt, have to size down to fit my waist, and still can't see through any of my leggings.

another vote for walmart, here
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    grrrlclothing.com

They have a great message- they are women/body positive and the pants are pretty straight forward and not extremely pricey.
    They also have some of the best patterns- annnnnnnd they have amazing customer services.
  • Inspirationalwaterjug
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    grrrlclothing.com

They have a great message- they are women/body positive and the pants are pretty straight forward and not extremely pricey.
    They also have some of the best patterns- annnnnnnd they have amazing customer services.

How does the sizing work I want to buy those donut shorts.
  • Inspirationalwaterjug
    Options
    Nevermind figured it out.
  • shannonprovenzano2812
    Options
    I like the Aerie ones. I usually catch them on sale and it ends up being 24$ for two pairs. They aren't see through, and they come in high waist.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Constantly Varied Gear has some fun, squat-proof, ones. They're usually about $35.

I've been debating ordering- they brought back their comic book leggings- so I caved and ordered- 37$ shipped for a pair of pants isn't bad at all- assuming they effing fit. I had to order an XL. I *MIGHT* Make it.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

I've been debating ordering- they brought back their comic book leggings- so I caved and ordered- 37$ shipped for a pair of pants isn't bad at all- assuming they effing fit. I had to order an XL. I *MIGHT* Make it.

I have three pair. I wear a large at 5'9, 180.

And I totally want both of these, but they are NOT cheap...

u35oq1c9emq0.jpg
  • seabreeze6
    seabreeze6 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like Zella, Nordstom's in-house brand. If you wait for a sale, the price isn't bad. Love the material and definitely not see-through!
  • Fitnessmom82
    Fitnessmom82 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Danskin at Wal-Mart. I also like Nike, Under Armor and Ododos (sold on Amazon and super cheap. Have several pairs and they are great quality!).
  • aliencheesecake
    Options
    heytimsla wrote: »
    I like my Nike and Reebok ones. Also snag a bunch from Ross, but you gotta do the bend over test In the fitting room they're hit or miss.

Yes! hahah! I am totally familiar with the "bend-over" test. One time I bent over at volleyball in my spandex leggings and I was told they were totally see through.... Now I always do the bed over test r stretch the fabric with my thumb some to see if I see skin first!!
  • aliencheesecake
    Options
    Thanks, guys. You've given me a lot of good stuff to look into!
  • Inspirationalwaterjug
    Options
    I think I'm the only guy here....