Pizza

Options
pogiguy05
pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
I just seen this guy make this pizza and I gotta say I am gonna try it.

https://youtu.be/XaCYSX5WE5M

Replies

• debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,154 Member
    Options
    With probably 400-some calories in the cup of parmesan cheese in the crust, I'm not convinced it's saving calories vs. a similar-sized regular pizza crust. Gluten free, though.
  • pogiguy05
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    With probably 400-some calories in the cup of parmesan cheese in the crust, I'm not convinced it's saving calories vs. a similar-sized regular pizza crust. Gluten free, though.

You know for me I was just seeing the eye candy. A healthy alternative at least to the higher carb crust from dough. to each their own. I just think this looks yummy to the eye and I am gonna try it.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

You know--you're right, but this interests me. I think I'll try it in the recipe builder, and not add any more cheese on top since it's already in the crust.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna hafta try this! My cauliflower crusts usually alternate between soggy and crumbly.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I didn't watch the video, but have made pizza at home using Parmesan cheese as a base in the crust. It isn't low calorie, but for the low carb does help because I have diabetes.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    pogiguy05 wrote: »

You know for me I was just seeing the eye candy. A healthy alternative at least to the higher carb crust from dough. to each their own. I just think this looks yummy to the eye and I am gonna try it.

Carbs aren't unhealthy.... Some may question the saturated fat content of 1 cup of cheese.

^This.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I would totally try this, but I wouldn't consider it to be a healthier alternative to a regular pizza...but I totally love any kind of cheese and would definitely try this...I'll probably eat the entire thing by myself...
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    The pizza I intend to make this evening for dinner uses a traditional crust made from a 140 g dough ball. That's one way to keep calories low. It will have 1.6 oz cheese, mozzarella and feta. That's another way to keep calories down. The whole thing comes in at less than 600 calories, making for a nutritious, balanced, healthy meal.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    You know, I live in Italy, and we go out for pizza at least once a week (tonight's the night, it's my husband's birthday and we're going with our sons to a favorite place not far from the Coloseum), so I get great pizza often. However, am looking for new ways to do cauliflower. If you don't look at it as pizza, but a cauliflower recipe, it's interesting. Just eating the crust as is should be tasty, or adding veggies on top. If you look at it as vegetables with egg and cheese--it's pretty good.
  • pogiguy05
    Options
    I'm gonna hafta try this! My cauliflower crusts usually alternate between soggy and crumbly.

Yeh I just made my own and tweeked it. I did not dry the cauliflower out as i seen others not do it. I think drying it out first either like in the pan or maybe in the oven might help.

It was good though had just tomato,mushroom, and red onions on mine. It does need a bit of some kind of seasoning in the egg mix for mine next time. I'll just cheat and get some of that already made Italian seasoning. :p