Why Does Pizza Tempt Me?

Options
2»

Replies

• NarneyK
    NarneyK Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I used to order pizza once a week, but it was always a let down too, even more so now for the amount of calories, fat, etc I'd "waste" on it. So I started making my own. This way I get to save on calories, money & regret haha. Anyways if you want to make your own crust, I posted a link a few days ago. I won't say it tastes just like the pizza you order, but it is quick, easy, and a lot healthier option. Give it a shot...the stand mixer does all the work. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1058832-pizza-base-recipe
  • iheartmy1dog
    Options
    salt?
    cheese?

1st GOAL: 100kg (set on 6JUN13)
    14kg lost / 21.4 to go until next goal.

The dietician I saw recently said I need more dairy.. Maybe subconsciously my body is trying to tell me something :D
  • iheartmy1dog
    Options
    I used to order pizza once a week, but it was always a let down too, even more so now for the amount of calories, fat, etc I'd "waste" on it. So I started making my own. This way I get to save on calories, money & regret haha. Anyways if you want to make your own crust, I posted a link a few days ago. I won't say it tastes just like the pizza you order, but it is quick, easy, and a lot healthier option. Give it a shot...the stand mixer does all the work. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1058832-pizza-base-recipe
    I'll take a look! I'm not too worried about calories.. Everyone keeps telling me I need to eat more :o lol
    I make pizza out of almond meal...and then throw some cheese on it with toppings...a little bacon too...****en delicous...low carb..low cal...
    What's almond meal?
  • scookiemonster
    scookiemonster Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted to try NY pizza! Maybe I should visit NY to try it.. Maybe it wouldn't be a let down then! :)

Reading everyone's comments is making me more tempted lol

That's clearly your problem. If it's not NY pizza, what's the point? (Unless you're a deep-dish type person, in which case... fine for you, but we clearly can't be friends). Outside of NY, unless it's some sort of specialty pizza place, like brick-oven style, I just stick with Dominos. At least it doesn't even pretend to try to be NY pizza - the places that do never quite get it right.

Time for a NY vacation!
  • dirty_dirty_eater
    dirty_dirty_eater Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Salt, fat, bread, yummy seasonings..CHEESE!

I can't understand NOT being tempted by pizza.
  • iheartmy1dog
    Options
    I've always wanted to try NY pizza! Maybe I should visit NY to try it.. Maybe it wouldn't be a let down then! :)

Reading everyone's comments is making me more tempted lol

That's clearly your problem. If it's not NY pizza, what's the point? (Unless you're a deep-dish type person, in which case... fine for you, but we clearly can't be friends). Outside of NY, unless it's some sort of specialty pizza place, like brick-oven style, I just stick with Dominos. At least it doesn't even pretend to try to be NY pizza - the places that do never quite get it right.

Time for a NY vacation!

Lol Not really a deep dish person so no prob there! I've never tried brick oven style.. There's a new brick oven pizza place close by, maybe I need to try that!
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options

You will not be let down and you will have to deal with craving it more. Is that what you want to do?
    Stick with the crap pizza and you won't eat as much. ;)

I only crave NY pizza and ONLY from people that came from NY and make pizza here.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    lol. I want pizza too.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Then just remember how much of a letdown it is and don't order it.

It's very rare I'm disappointed in pizza, but I do sometimes feel that way about McDonalds. It never lives up to my childhood memories. So I don't get it. Unless I'm on the road, 100 miles from home, it's the only option, and I'm starving.

I was a sad panda the last time I bought fudge striped cookies. I LOVED those things as a kid, so I bought some and worked them into my goal, and then they just didn't taste as good as I remembered.

I did the same thing recently!! I figured out they didnt taste sa good because they no longer fit around my finger, which was my preferred method of holding them while eating as a child :laugh:

YES! I used to do that too. Now I kind of don't want to buy anymore childhood favorites because I don't want to be disappointed.
  • Fit_NYC_
    Fit_NYC_ Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options

You will not be let down and you will have to deal with craving it more. Is that what you want to do?
    Stick with the crap pizza and you won't eat as much. ;)

I only crave NY pizza and ONLY from people that came from NY and make pizza here.

That's is absolutely correct... we have the best pizza.
    If I'm going to have it... I only go to places that have the best! If I'm taking the calories, it has to be worth it.

For OP... make it fit your goals. Longer run, longer session at gym... or just eat less on your other meals.
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I get cravings for pizza occasionally(usually when I see someone on tv eating it lol) but anytime I get it, it lives down to expectations... So whhhyyy do I still want it?

I'm not sure where you're getting it from, but stay away from Dominos, Pizza Hut, etc ... go find a mom and pop joint, or go to NY or NJ and get a good pizza.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I fortunately live near a little pizza place here in Florida that happens to serve the only decent NY style pizza I've had outside of New York. Everyone else can suffer while I munch on the awesomeness that is Margherita pizza made with a simple crushed tomatoes, fresh basil leaves, and fresh mozzarella.
  • rosemaryhon
    rosemaryhon Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Thankful I'm a New Yorker ;), I'm about due for a good old Sicilian pizza.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    because pizza is amazingly delicious!
    have some, log it, be happy. have whatever you're craving and make it fit into your day - do more exercise. or alter it to something healthier...less cheese, thin crust, etc. just be happy with your choice
  • dinglekerri
    Options
    I LOVE PIZZA! :love:
  • choijanro
    choijanro Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Because it is very delicious,, u can eat pizza but in moderate like once a week or once a month
  • rosemaryhon
    rosemaryhon Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    because pizza is amazingly delicious!
    have some, log it, be happy. have whatever you're craving and make it fit into your day - do more exercise. or alter it to something healthier...less cheese, thin crust, etc. just be happy with your choice

But wasn't that OP's particular dilemma? That the last few times she got pizza it did not live up to her expectations? It was not amazingly delicious to her and she was not happy.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    I usually try to do that.. It always seems to still tempt me tho.. It always looks sooo good when I see ppl on tv enjoying it! It always looks cheesier on tv too lol
    [/quote]

I think that is why they have food stylists. They make any food on TV look exaggeratedly good.
    Years ago when Maruchan came to Mexico I got really exited about their Yaki Soba ( Before that I had lived eleven years in Japan and adore japanese food ). I bought a pack of the " original flavor " ( thinking it would taste like in Japan ). It looked like crap, it smelled like crap and I had no idea what the " original " flavor referred to. Not even the dogs wanted to eat it. I threw it out and never bought a Maruchan product again. But to this day my mouth waters when I see an ad on TV.....lol.