Break ups and heartache

Options
kauseemcee
kauseemcee Posts: 26 Member
Never been one to eat my feelings but this recent break up has me at breaking point, I know it was never meant to be and it would've been worse down the track but I'm just hurting pretty bad. Better now than never but I miss her. As they say everything happens for a reason but why did this happen in the first place :/ feel free to share words of advise or your story with me, I know someone out there will relate.

Replies

• kauseemcee
    Options
    Sounds like you made the right choice for you, that's all you can do. Just make sure when you miss her or you're feeling a little lonely you don't then contact her because that's just going to complicate things.

If you drink, stay away from your phone.

Welcome to the emotional eaters club. I'll be your leader for today.

Thanks, I think I did too. I don't drink or do drugs or anything, I wish she would call but I know it'd make things complicated too
  • jessicabradshaw1995
    jessicabradshaw1995 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I hope everything gets better for you
  • elmarip
    elmarip Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I also broke up with my boyfriend recently, and we decided to be friends, but that is very difficult. Blurred lines. I think it is better to just make a clean break. It will hurt a lot for a while, but then it will get better. Anyway, I haven't been following my own advice so far, but I think I should! You got some good advice above. Be kind to yourself. All the best to you.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    if you already knew, then its for the best... looking like that, I am sure you can have whoever you want., here today, gone tomorrow, go live life!
  • eccomi_qui
    eccomi_qui Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Just cry it out, bro
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    You said it yourself... you knew is was never meant to be. Think about all the things that made this not meant to be. Love the great things about her, but also find power in the things that made this a relationship not meant to be and find healing in these things

Time is an amazing thing. Each day you wake up you will miss her less and less, you won't stop loving her, but your days will get better. You can spend your next days an week eating too much, shunning yourself from the world, but this will pass. Hopefully you won't be 20 pounds heavier and angry with your self for putting so much more emotionally into a dead relationship.

And it happened because rather you believe it or not, there is someone better for you.
  • dwrightlaw
    dwrightlaw Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain...
  • kauseemcee
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the kind words, it's never easy to part with someone you're with everyday :/ you guys are the best! Feel free to add me, always active to show support and motivation back too ✌️♥️
  • kauseemcee
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    kauseemcee wrote: »
    Never been one to eat my feelings but this recent break up has me at breaking point, I know it was never meant to be and it would've been worse down the track but I'm just hurting pretty bad. Better now than never but I miss her. As they say everything happens for a reason but why did this happen in the first place :/ feel free to share words of advise or your story with me, I know someone out there will relate.

I remember when my wife left me in the 80's. Thought I'd never recover. My best friend told me, "Time heals everything and, no matter what you do, time will pass." He was right. I am happily married now with three grown daughters. If I could go back in time and avoid my ex-wife, I wouldn't though. She was part of the history that brought me to where I am now. I just think of her now as a place holder for my wife. She was stalling me until I could meet Jan.

Wow, that's a great way to look at the situation! That must have been a rough ride but glad it worked out for you ! A place holder, I really like that :) thank you
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    kauseemcee wrote: »

I remember when my wife left me in the 80's. Thought I'd never recover. My best friend told me, "Time heals everything and, no matter what you do, time will pass." He was right. I am happily married now with three grown daughters. If I could go back in time and avoid my ex-wife, I wouldn't though. She was part of the history that brought me to where I am now. I just think of her now as a place holder for my wife. She was stalling me until I could meet Jan.

I hit "insightful" for this... but for all of the best reasons. I can only imagine how well adjusted your daughters are due to your wisdom.
  • Candy0516
    Candy0516 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Keep your head up. Stay positive. You never know what tomorrow holds.
  • WhereIsPJSoles
    WhereIsPJSoles Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    My friends allow me a good solid week to wallow before they start pointing out all the really bad parts of the relationship that I was ignoring.

Then they let me flirt with their roommates.

Then six months has passed and I barely remember why I was so upset.
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    I am pretty fresh out of one as well.
    I thought he was my person, but I was wrong.
    My person wouldn't have went out and cheated, especially on a day I was dedicating a race to him and his boys (Dav5K as they are/were military).
    Heartbreak sucks but it will be okay.