Break ups and heartache

Options

Replies

• boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    kauseemcee wrote: »
    Sounds like you made the right choice for you, that's all you can do. Just make sure when you miss her or you're feeling a little lonely you don't then contact her because that's just going to complicate things.

If you drink, stay away from your phone.

Welcome to the emotional eaters club. I'll be your leader for today.

Thanks, I think I did too. I don't drink or do drugs or anything, I wish she would call but I know it'd make things complicated too

It'll just prolong the hurt. Keep your mind busy, talk to friends, make friends with YouTube, you'll get there eventually.

This is the absolute truth.
    I had wanted my ex to contact me and he did for a month but all it did was cause more pain and fighting.
    I have learned that if he ever does again, ignore it.
    Talk to a friend or family to get your mind to a different place.
  • eccomi_qui
    eccomi_qui Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    Best way to get over one is to get under another.

There’s a new song with some new rules that says this doesn’t work
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

Or best way to get your feelings under control is to get on top of another.

Or best way to give up on him is to go down on her.

Idk. Gotta try it all.

My motto is you gotta try everything at least twice, just to make sure.

Sorry about the heartache OP, it will get better with time. Cliche I know but true.
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options

Or best way to get your feelings under control is to get on top of another.

Or best way to give up on him is to go down on her.

Idk. Gotta try it all.

I had a friend who's dad told him he needed a new girl or an old car after he'd been down and out over a breakup for a while.
  • WhereIsPJSoles
    WhereIsPJSoles Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    But it’s a really bad idea to do it with someone new if you’re still in love with the old person. Ask me how I know.
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,946 Member
    Options
    Seriously... Time heals all. Just takes time..... That being said, if I broke up with someone that I was in love with, went into a coma, and woke up years later, would I still be in love with that person?
  • NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    Options
    Seriously... Time heals all. Just takes time..... That being said, if I broke up with someone that I was in love with, went into a coma, and woke up years later, would I still be in love with that person?

Were they paying you to stay with you the whole time?
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    Never been one to eat my feelings but this recent break up has me at breaking point, I know it was never meant to be and it would've been worse down the track but I'm just hurting pretty bad. Better now than never but I miss her. As they say everything happens for a reason but why did this happen in the first place :/ feel free to share words of advise or your story with me, I know someone out there will relate.

I remember when my wife left me in the 80's. Thought I'd never recover. My best friend told me, "Time heals everything and, no matter what you do, time will pass." He was right. I am happily married now with three grown daughters. If I could go back in time and avoid my ex-wife, I wouldn't though. She was part of the history that brought me to where I am now. I just think of her now as a place holder for my wife. She was stalling me until I could meet Jan.

Wow, that's a great way to look at the situation! That must have been a rough ride but glad it worked out for you ! A place holder, I really like that :) thank you

Good Luck, Keep Busy and Don't Look Back. If you're looking backwards, you might not see what's right in front of you.
  • LiftingRiot
    Options
    csbnga wrote: »

Pepperjack makes all his ladies pay

• NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    Options
    csbnga wrote: »

Pepperjack makes all his ladies pay

I hope her only payment wasn't occasionally cooking for you...since you were in that coma.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options
    There are 4 billion people in the world. In life we're lucky to just meet a handful to have a relationship with and many SETTLE just on that handful and pick "the one". The whole, out of sight, out of mind will ring true if you stick with it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • LiftingRiot
    Options

This is profound. How tall were they?
    Important question. anywhere in the 5 ft range
  • beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    Never been one to eat my feelings but this recent break up has me at breaking point, I know it was never meant to be and it would've been worse down the track but I'm just hurting pretty bad. Better now than never but I miss her. As they say everything happens for a reason but why did this happen in the first place :/ feel free to share words of advise or your story with me, I know someone out there will relate.

I remember when my wife left me in the 80's. Thought I'd never recover. My best friend told me, "Time heals everything and, no matter what you do, time will pass." He was right. I am happily married now with three grown daughters. If I could go back in time and avoid my ex-wife, I wouldn't though. She was part of the history that brought me to where I am now. I just think of her now as a place holder for my wife. She was stalling me until I could meet Jan.

Listen to this wise man -- could not have said it better!
  • eccomi_qui
    eccomi_qui Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    But it’s a really bad idea to do it with someone new if you’re still in love with the old person. Ask me how I know.

I’ll bite. How do you know?