What was your first “I’m getting fat” realization?

Options
191011121315»

Replies

• kds10
    kds10 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    For me it was a photo my Aunt took of me at a family event. I was horrified when I saw the pictures. It’s strange because when I looked in the mirror everyday it didn’t seem so bad but the photos honey lol....off guard photos tell the truth!

Yeah funny how you don't see the weight gain on yourself...I saw a pic of myself from the back that someone took at a family function and was amazed at how big I looked:(
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    The Thanksgiving dh's aunt put her hand on my belly and asked when I was due.

I thought there were rules about that kind of thing!
  • colors_fade
    colors_fade Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    ginyspills wrote: »
    For some reason these realizations give me more fuel to stick to eating healthy!

Mine was my mood. I realized I’ve been feeling constantly moody/insecure. Great marriage, work is fine, same amount of money stress. So what is the problem? Looking back at photos of me with the huge smile, I realized I have gained a crap ton of weight! How can I smile like that when my clothes hardly fit me? I refuse to buy new outfits in a bigger size! Determined to lose this weight

How about you?

When I realized that, mathematically, I was closer to 300 lbs. than 200 lbs.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    The Thanksgiving dh's aunt put her hand on my belly and asked when I was due.

I thought there were rules about that kind of thing!

And yet people still do it... at least once. They may not do it a second time.
    She was pretty horrified when I said I wasn't pregnant. It was uncomfortable all around.

• dillysma
    dillysma Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Going back to work after 2 months medical leave and my clothes i wore before didn't fit.
  • ineedalifetbh94
    ineedalifetbh94 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My thunder thighs ruining several pairs of jeans! :(
  • emmyq94
    emmyq94 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was super self-conscious about my stomach and how it bulges out of certain shirts. People say I'm not fat but I want to feel more confident in my body when it comes to my stomach.
  • Dani9585
    Dani9585 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I was overweight as a child and bullied often because of my weight. I've always felt "fat."
  • quebot
    quebot Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Before now, all of my weight loss has been post partum weight loss. I remember staying with my grandma through my divorce/ and to help care for her before she lost a battle to cancer and my clothes were getting tight. I thought her dryer was shrinking my clothes, lol. I fully realized I was gaining weight back after seeing myself in photos. It wasn't the dryer! It was Nana's yummy cooking and treats! I had also started dating my current fiance and he's Filipino. Food is his love language and he would always say "you haven't eaten enough, let me fix you something." He would force feed me like an old Lola. I also had some celiac issues because I was struggling financially and would just eat anything to satiate, and became very ill. I was doomed! After Nana passed and life settled down, I decided to get back on track and put up strict food boundaries. While my fiance isn't tracking his own diet, I can tell it's beginning to hit his radar, because he'll call out food measurements for me to log while he's cooking. He's finally learning appropriate portion sizes and becoming aware of how much food he eats and tries to feed me. He'll ask the total calorie per serving in the dishes we're making. I'm not pressuring him to jump on the calorie counting bandwagon, but it's nice that he's helping and no longer force feeding me.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    This last round, it was when I had to buy bigger pants.
  • nicnz
    nicnz Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    For years after finishing school was oblivious the the pounds gradually piling on. Then one day was admitted to hospital (for appendicitis) -and they weighed me. Jaw dropped - it did come as a big of a shock. I guess thats what was needed to start this journey!
  • Sheluvsbread2much
    Sheluvsbread2much Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    It was bad when I could barely fasten my bra. I had to turn it to the front to fasten it and take a deep breath to turn it back around. The whole day I'd feel like I was suffocating. Refused to buy bigger ones as they are expensive. That was enough for me.