Options
13»

Replies

• Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    Anna_137 wrote: »
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    Is this a traditional thing to have someone plate your food for you on Sundays? I am not sure I could really handle someone else putting food on my own plate.

I don't know if it's a UK thing but generally whoever is cooking dishes up everyone's food. Sometimes they might put a dish of something on the table for people to serve themselves, but not usually the whole meal. The sauces/gravy are also left on the table for people to take what they want. It would be really unusual to go to someone's house for dinner and ask them if you could put your food on your plate yourself. If you explained why then reasonable people would be fine with it, but i could imagine some would get offended.

When I got to my dad's for dinner, I just over estimate. But I don't go very often.

It was like this at every sit-down-together family dinner I grew up with in my house, as well (I live in the US, btw)

• trawillcy2018
    trawillcy2018 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    The issue seems to be the weigh in.

The solution is called trending weight app or web site.

Weekly weigh ins (which I personally consider inferior to daily due to less data points and a higher perceived importance) are also best done before an indulgent day, so for most people Thursday or Friday morning....

That's a good point! I may need to consider changing the habit of a lifetime & moving away from the 'Monday' thing (new week new start etc)!
    Thanks for the advice :)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Yes it's common in the UK and Ireland (and possibly all of Europe?) to plate up food. Personally I like to make the food look appealing on each plate I serve. :smiley: