Low cal, exercise, and no lost weight.

Options

Replies

• ZRunner5Lulaica
    ZRunner5Lulaica Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    falstarr67 wrote: »
    I have a generic food scale from walmart. I use to measure with measuring cups or by eyeballing. I also assumed that if a package said 1 scoope was x grams or 1 serving quest bar for example was x grams that sometimes the item weighed more. I also notice and i wish i still had the pic that the peanut butter per tablespoon was more than when i weighed it out to 28 grams so that affected my calories as well for example. New exercise can cause you to hold on to water weight as well
    I did look at scales today, and if they all seem fairly accurate I'll just grab one. I was just going to do some brand research since every bathroom scale I've used shows a different result every thirty seconds.

FYI, when measuring food, people are talking about a kitchen scale.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    mikehami2 wrote: »
    mmapags wrote: »
    You may have your body convinced not to lose any weight. All protein might cause that. I would try adding some complex carbs. Try steel cut oats at breakfast. I use 1/4 cup dry + 3/4 cup water and microwave 8 min in a big glass bowl since it can rise as it boils. 150 calories. If you are doing cardio, carbs are good. If you go 0 carbs, your body thinks you are starving so it shuts down.

Sorry but this is complete nonsense. All protein doesn't convince your body of anything. Steel cut oats have no magical properties. Your body doesn't ever "think" it's starving.

It's not magic. It's the carbs and the balance. You do a ton of cardio with no carbs and your body goes into starvation mode. And if you really like protein, the steel cut oats have more protein than other carb foods.

Again, sorry but that is all nonsense.

OK, explain why she is not losing weight. Low carb / low cal diet of almost all protein. 1200 cal / day input. workouts of 500 calories burned.

What is your explanation?

5 posts in and insisting that woo is right and challenging people. Strong start!
  • Robyn973
    Robyn973 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I wish there was an easy way to add all of you as friends at the same time! I love this thread. I'm getting frustrated at my stalled weight loss. Time to look closer at my logging.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    You may have your body convinced not to lose any weight. All protein might cause that. I would try adding some complex carbs. Try steel cut oats at breakfast. I use 1/4 cup dry + 3/4 cup water and microwave 8 min in a big glass bowl since it can rise as it boils. 150 calories. If you are doing cardio, carbs are good. If you go 0 carbs, your body thinks you are starving so it shuts down.

Sorry but this is complete nonsense. All protein doesn't convince your body of anything. Steel cut oats have no magical properties. Your body doesn't ever "think" it's starving.

It's not magic. It's the carbs and the balance. You do a ton of cardio with no carbs and your body goes into starvation mode. And if you really like protein, the steel cut oats have more protein than other carb foods.

A lot wrong here but much of it already addressed. Steel cut oats are no different than rolled oats except that rolled oats are steamed for faster cooking time.
  • atxboots
    atxboots Posts: 7 Member
    Options

OK, explain why she is not losing weight. Low carb / low cal diet of almost all protein. 1200 cal / day input. workouts of 500 calories burned.

5 posts in and insisting that woo is right and challenging people. Strong start!

Yeah, that's what I thought. No answers, just insults.
  • atxboots
    atxboots Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »

Did you read the thread? Not using a food scale so probably eating more than she thinks. Sounds like she recently started weight lifting, so probably retaining water. It's only been 2 ish weeks, so considering normal weight fluctuations, especially for women, it is way too soon to expect straight line results of what she's doing.

Starvation mode is a myth as a short term thing. Adaptive thermogenesis is a thing, but develops over a long period of time with a consistently aggressive deficit, neither if which is happening here.

Yes, sometimes the basics are where the answers lie. If basic tracking of intake, accurate reporting of exercise, and weight has not been achieved, then I accept that my suggestion does not apply. Good luck to the OP in finding what works.