WHEN YOU HIT A WEIGHT LOSS PLATEAU, NEW MEDICAL RESEARCH COULD HELP YOU BREAK THROUGH

Options
http://www.texasstandard.org/stories/when-you-hit-a-weight-loss-plateau-new-medical-research-could-help-you-break-through/

Texas Standard is a product of several NPR affiliates in Texas. UTMB is a serious science center.

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Clinical trials are expected to begin in a couple of years. I'll be curious to see the results, but until then how do you see this changing the type of advice we give to plateaued dieters around here? How does this help people now?
  • gtm197
    gtm197 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Interesting!

For weight management, patience, consistency and discipline are an alternative. The "side effect" of using them is that I develop skills for using patience, consistency and discipline in other areas of my life. Seems like a double win, to me.

Well said!
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I have nothing to add other than white text on a black screen really messes with my eyeballs.
  • Savannahmiamaddie
    Savannahmiamaddie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Interesting article. Since it takes anywhere from 15 to 20 years to bring a drug to market, we all better find other methods to break through a plateau. They didn’t even say if they’ve had a 1st human dose. If it’s still only being tested in animals, That means it might even be more than 20 years. I used to work in the pharmaceutical industry, drug studies are a long and frustrating process.

So....in the meantime, does anyone have plateau conquering tips they can share? I’m frustrated.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Interesting article. Since it takes anywhere from 15 to 20 years to bring a drug to market, we all better find other methods to break through a plateau. They didn’t even say if they’ve had a 1st human dose. If it’s still only being tested in animals, That means it might even be more than 20 years. I used to work in the pharmaceutical industry, drug studies are a long and frustrating process.

So....in the meantime, does anyone have plateau conquering tips they can share? I’m frustrated.

Diet break: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10604863/of-refeeds-and-diet-breaks#latest

But first ensure your logging is accurate - weighing all solids, measuring liquids, accurate database entries, not overestimating exercise cals.