• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    imfornd wrote: »
    hesn92 wrote: »
    The only reason I would do a meal replacement was if I was in a big hurry and didn’t have time for anything else otherwise I don’t I understand why you wouldn’t just eat food like normal people

sometimes too many calories for equal protein

I think you're referring to protein supplementation, not meal replacements. The product you mentioned above (Isopure Zero Carb) is a protein shake, not a meal replacement. They're different things, designed for different needs.

nah I use MRP for replacement of full meals
    not better than real food - but for me to get the same nutrition I would need 600 calories instead of 200

Regardless of what *you* choose to use protein supplementation for, OP is asking about meal replacement products.

what is use IS an MRP

I'm sorry, I don't quite understand. Are you saying that Isopure Zero Carb is a meal replacement product? The marketing and product information I see when I search for that indicates that it is a protein powder, not a meal replacement. Or are you saying that you're using another product as well, one that is a meal replacement?

Since I carb restrict I use the Zero Carb version - but they make the same thing with CARBS with so one technically in the MRP

Even a protein powder with carbohydrates (which is what I think you're referring to) is different than a meal replacement. If you're referring to a specific Isopure product designed and marketed as a meal replacement, I apologize but I'm not seeing that when I do a quick internet search.

Sure, people can informally use these products as meal replacements if they choose (just as I can choose to drink a glass of chocolate milk, for example, and use that to replace a meal). It sounds like this is what you are doing -- preparing a protein supplement and using it to replace a meal. But what OP is asking about is meal replacement products -- those are different things, specifically designed to replace meals (not just supplement protein).
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    The only reason I would do a meal replacement was if I was in a big hurry and didn’t have time for anything else otherwise I don’t I understand why you wouldn’t just eat food like normal people

I think you're referring to protein supplementation, not meal replacements. The product you mentioned above (Isopure Zero Carb) is a protein shake, not a meal replacement. They're different things, designed for different needs.

not better than real food - but for me to get the same nutrition I would need 600 calories instead of 200

Regardless of what *you* choose to use protein supplementation for, OP is asking about meal replacement products.

what is use IS an MRP

I'm sorry, I don't quite understand. Are you saying that Isopure Zero Carb is a meal replacement product? The marketing and product information I see when I search for that indicates that it is a protein powder, not a meal replacement. Or are you saying that you're using another product as well, one that is a meal replacement?
    http://www.theisopurecompany.com/product/isopurelowcarbmrs.html

Yes, that is a specific meal replacement. The Isopure Zero Carb referenced above is not (at least the one I found online). If you notice, the meal replacement is somewhat higher calorie and is fortified with more vitamins than the typical protein supplement.
  • janejellyroll
    Options

what is use IS an MRP

Since I carb restrict I use the Zero Carb version - but they make the same thing with CARBS with so one technically in the MRP

Even a protein powder with carbohydrates (which is what I think you're referring to) is different than a meal replacement. If you're referring to a specific Isopure product designed and marketed as a meal replacement, I apologize but I'm not seeing that when I do a quick internet search.

Sure, people can informally use these products as meal replacements if they choose (just as I can choose to drink a glass of chocolate milk, for example, and use that to replace a meal). It sounds like this is what you are doing -- preparing a protein supplement and using it to replace a meal. But what OP is asking about is meal replacement products -- those are different things, specifically designed to replace meals (not just supplement protein).

Yes, see the post I made just above. The Isopure Zero Carb you first referenced is a protein supplement. This product is a meal replacement, more like what the OP was asking about.
  • janejellyroll
    Options

what is use IS an MRP

Yes, see the post I made just above. The Isopure Zero Carb you first referenced is a protein supplement. This product is a meal replacement, more like what the OP was asking about.

Yeah I said I carb restrict but ISOPURE make a good MRP with CARBS

I'm not seeing the relevance of your personal decision to restrict carbohydrates to my overall point that protein supplements and meal replacements are different products designed for different needs.

• janejellyroll
    Options

what is use IS an MRP

Yeah I said I carb restrict but ISOPURE make a good MRP with CARBS

I'm not seeing the relevance of your personal decision to restrict carbohydrates to my overall point that protein supplements and meal replacements are different products designed for different needs.

YES there most infidelity different one is a true MRP the other- the one I use is not however the OP's trainer said to use a MR - I was simply stating that I use them for a lower calorie count with same nutrition(well kinda - nothing beat whole food) my post simple was "the only reason i use MRs is for calorie count - I can get more in less calories for me its ISOPURE zero Carb" Carb or no carb both have a lower calorie count that whole food for the same nutrition

But, according to your own statements, you're not using them. You're using Isopure Zero Carb. That's not a meal replacement, that's a protein supplement.

The fact that Isopure makes *other products* that are meal replacements doesn't make *all their products* meal replacements.

For example, I drive a Kia sedan. Kia also makes SUVs. This doesn't mean I drive an SUV.

You use a protein supplement because you can get the protein you want for a lower calorie count. This would be a great explanation of why people choose protein supplements. But it's not the point of the thread, it's not the question the OP is asking.
  • AndyP2018
    AndyP2018 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Try Huel, great stuff