anxiety levels through the roof today!

Options
2»

Replies

• AliceKlaar
    AliceKlaar Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I hardly know where to begin - but I'll just pick up on the fact that you are buying T3 off the internet to supplement the medication your doctor has prescribed you without his/her knowledge. Here are some of the symptoms of over-medication, taken from the website http://thyroid.about.com/od/thyroiddrugstreatments/a/overmedicated.htm

______ Elevated pulse and blood pressure
    ______ Anxiety, nervous energy, tremors, feeling jittery
    ______ Shaking hands, tremors
    ______ Feeling irritable, overemotional, aggressive, easily startled, or erratic
    ______ Difficult concentrating, mind is always racing, can't shut off thoughts
    ______ Difficulty sleeping, insomnia
    ______ Fatigue, exhaustion
    ______ Perspiring, feeling overheated, especially when others are cold
    ______ Diarrhea or loose bowels
    ______ Heart palpitations, feeling like heart is skipping a beat, or racing
    ______ Depression
    ______ Weight loss with no change to diet/exercise, or sometimes, paradoxically, weight gain
    ______ Increase in food intake, with no weight gain
    ______ Craving and/or eating more carbohydrates (bread, rice, pasta, sweets, fruits, sugary foods, etc.)
    ______ Unusual hunger pangs
    ______ Excessive thirst
    ______ Loss of appetite
    ______ Diarrhea, or frequent bowel movements
    ______ Hair loss
    ______ Changes to menstrual period (lighter, less frequent)
    ______ Enlarged, sensitive or tender neck
    ______ Dizziness, breathlessness
    ______ Achy or weak muscles and joints
    ______ Eyes are enlarging or looking "bug-eyed"
    ______ Dry, gritty, irritated, red eyes
    ______ Headache in eye area, pain behind the eyes

Any of these seem familiar? Sadly, I don't think you'll take this advice - but I would urge you to go back to your doctor and tell him/her what you've just told this forum.
  • goodnamegone
    Options
    I'd stopped exercising cos I gain water weight which was sending me over 10st.

Start exercising that will help with the anxiety levels. Weight on the scales can fluctuate for all kinds of reasons. Exercising never made a person fatter.

Just eat, not eating is making you anxious too. Eat REAL FOOD not chemicals or supplements. Real honest home made food, home made salads, vegetables, steamed fish, or grilled chicken. Hope you feel better soon.
  • KatM2014
    KatM2014 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    If you genuinely feel like anxiety is a problem, you need to do something about it. Exercise is an amazing natural anti-depressant and anti-anxiety fix.

Plus, I've been on anti-depressants/anti-anxiety meds for 6ish months, weight gain has, for me, not been a problem. But you know what, even if I did gain weight on them, it wouldn't have been the end of the world, surely your mental health is more important!
  • maQmIgh
    maQmIgh Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I also been supplementing it with T3 off internet when I can get it as GP won't prescribe it.

I'm going to ignore what everyone else is saying and just ask WHY? to the above.

Very stupid and dangerous to self-medicate, especially over the internet....who knows what you're really taking? Get back to you doctor for some proper advice....or change doctors.
    Never, NEVER self medicate from the internet.... best case scenario: you buy what is described.. Next best scenario; your buying placebos costing you a fortune... Worst case scenario: some punk on the internet has stuck a load of different drugs and medications together to sell at a huge profit... causing the buyer to get no benefit, long term health issues, or even death.

If your doc wont prescribe these T3's there is a VERY good reason for them not to.

Go back and talk to your doctor candidly for your best options

Good luck and all the best
    xxx
  • acidosaur
    acidosaur Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Do you take anything for your anxiety?

no depression meds cause weight gain as side effect.

With all due respect, medication does not cause weight gain, eating too much food does.

Medication actually caused me to gain 60lb without a change in eating habits and while exercising more frequently.
  • HealthyVitamins
    HealthyVitamins Posts: 432 Member
    Options

Medication actually caused me to gain 60lb without a change in eating habits and while exercising more frequently.

I am genuinely asking you because I don't know, how can medication make you gain weight?

unless the medication has a high amount of calories I just don't understand how you can gain body mass from a pill?

Because wouldn't that mean you would just give medication to starving children and those suffering with anorexia to make them gain weight without any food?
  • seliinac
    seliinac Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I also been supplementing it with T3 off internet when I can get it as GP won't prescribe it.

I'm going to ignore what everyone else is saying and just ask WHY? to the above.

Very stupid and dangerous to self-medicate, especially over the internet....who knows what you're really taking? Get back to you doctor for some proper advice....or change doctors.

^^This^^

I used to work at a doctor's office where a patient was taking a thyroid med. given to her by her personal trainer to lose weight. She was destroying her liver!
  • claudialenz711
    Options
    Ditch the brandy as a starting point, hydrate properly and eat!. Depression and anxiety can be aggravated by dehydration and malnutrition. Alcohol is counter productive (as is stress) to weight loss. I'm sure the rest will then
    follow!