Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

You don't use a food scale?

1161718192022»

Replies

• Hungry_ShopgirlHungry_Shopgirl Posts: 329Member Member Posts: 329Member Member
    Pickle107 wrote: »
    I've got away with minimal weighing so far- 14lbs down- I think ice cream is the one thing I do weigh so I don't over do it. However, things are slowing down a wee bit for me- last 20lbs- so I'm on the brink of hitting the scales hard. If I keep losing, I'll keep as I'm currently doing but first sign of a stall I know I need to hike my trousers up high and face the truth of the food scale.

As I read this I heard a slow clap mounting to a standing ovation in my head. This is exactly the point of it all. If you can lose without weighing, great. But if not, weigh.

Well done, internet stranger. Well done.
  • NovusDiesNovusDies Posts: 5,971Member, Premium Member Posts: 5,971Member, Premium Member
    kimny72 wrote: »
    My confession...

Although I join in the chorus, telling struggling noobs to weigh, I've never done it myself. I don't even measure. I don't own scales. It just seems like far too much faffing around :|

:lol: It is absolutely true that some folks are just naturally able to eyeball portions. Like those *kitten*s who never get lost, they just always know which direction to head in. But like Pickle above you, I bet you will know if you stop losing weight and your numbers seem right that your first troubleshooting stop will be upping the accuracy for a couple of weeks and see if you can find the problem!

I can get lost in a parking lot and can't eyeball portions for the life of me; I wonder if they are genetically related skills lol.

I am actually quite good at eyeballing portions. My wife often asks me what something weighs before she puts it on the scale I can get it really close most of the time.

I still use my food scale though. While I have lost a lot of weight I still have more to go. I assume that at some point my results will force me to tighten up even further because my rate of loss will be too low or not at all but I am not ready for that to happen yet. Since it often takes me 3 weeks to see a new low weight I might not even know I have a problem for over a month.

I have used my scale for 18 months now. It is nearly effortless for me now. I don't want to trust my eyes and get it wrong when the scale is so easy to use.
  • quiksylver296quiksylver296 Posts: 25,796Member Member Posts: 25,796Member Member
  • mikebxbmikebxb Posts: 29Member, Premium Member Posts: 29Member, Premium Member
    Good discussion. I got one now
  • quiksylver296quiksylver296 Posts: 25,796Member Member Posts: 25,796Member Member
    mikebxb wrote: »

Nice! It's always fun to see what people learn about their way of eating, if you're willing to share what you learned using a food scale.
    just_Tomek wrote: »

Nice! It's always fun to see what people learn about their way of eating, if you're willing to share what you learned using a food scale.

Unless you are doing keto. When on keto, calories, scales, science does not matter. ;)

You forgot to use your sarcasm font.
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 7,435Member Member Posts: 7,435Member Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »

Unless you are doing keto. When on keto, calories, scales, science does not matter. ;)

You forgot to use your sarcasm font.

But I did wink :)