Mainly steamed with Mrs. Dash no salt seasoning and pepper
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Roasting is my go to
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Didn't read every post in this thread, but RAW is another option.
  • tomasart
    tomasart Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I use chopsticks.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Just straight to the face. With salt and hot sauce.
  • liz5225
    liz5225 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Oven to 400....wash and cut broccoli and cauliflower into florets...spread on baking sheet, add some sea salt...roast 10-15 minutes once out of the over, squeeze fresh lemon over the top!
  • alcc23
    alcc23 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Love roasting sweet potatoes or butternut squash with a drizzle of olive oil and maple syrup...doubles as a sweet treat!
  • abbynormalartist
    abbynormalartist Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    I like vegetables but I need some new ideas. I'm in a rut with steamed broccoli and zoodles.

Roast, saute, pure, rice and the list goes on and on. I love the taste of each individual veggie so I try not to kill that with sauces and seasonings. Just like with meat, there is 1000s of ways to flavour, cook and serve.

Thanks! I think I've been drowning my veggies in sauces lately so they were all starting to taste the same. Tried roasting them on a sheet pan tonight and they were great!
  • fatvegan88
    fatvegan88 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    With a fork.
  • maryjennifer
    maryjennifer Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Mainly raw in salads
  • ljmorgi
    ljmorgi Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I love a nice fresh crunchy salad.
  • jayne6485
    jayne6485 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I’m currently on a Hidden Valley Ranch Dip kick. I make it with lite sour cream and dip cauliflower, baby carrots or broccoli in it. I limit my self to two tablespoons for a snack. It’s satisfying.
  • Khovde07
    Khovde07 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I agree with all the suggestions for roasting! That has been helping me as I'm very picky with veggies. But on top of that, I've been experimenting with new spices and it can totally change the flavor profile of what you're eating. For example, curry powder on diced sweet potato and then roasted is absolutely delicious! Garlic/Parmesan broccoli, chickpeas with soy sauce then roasted, Mrs Dash on everything... you get the idea.

Good luck!
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Stir-fried. In a fritatta. In recipes. Tonight, I'm having a quinoa pilaf with zucchini, for example.

I just had a quinoa fritta with vegetables that was delicious for brunch this weekend. How do you make yours? Why does the sound of a fritta intimidate me. I have never made one.

I am tired this morning so cooking up Trader joes frozen harvest vegetables, going to add 1/4 cup of weighed wild rice and an egg for breakfast.
  • gloriadw41
    gloriadw41 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I would like the zucchini corn soup recipe! :)
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    If I’m having a vegetable on the side I’ll usually sauté green beans in butter or bacon fat with salt pepper and onion powder. Better to have e sautéed onions and bits of bacon but I’m usually too lazy for that. Broccoli is steamed and sautéed in butter with salt pepper and garlic powder. Most other vegetables that I eat are just in other things. (Like In my pot pie, pasta,chili, stir fry whatever)

I also like to make a pasta salad with lots of veggies to have as a side dish. (Bell peppers, carrots, jalapeños, onions)
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    For some reason every time I’ve tried roasting vegetables I hate them. It just makes them taste and smell weird??
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    bisky wrote: »
    Stir-fried. In a fritatta. In recipes. Tonight, I'm having a quinoa pilaf with zucchini, for example.

I just had a quinoa fritta with vegetables that was delicious for brunch this weekend. How do you make yours? Why does the sound of a fritta intimidate me. I have never made one.

I am tired this morning so cooking up Trader joes frozen harvest vegetables, going to add 1/4 cup of weighed wild rice and an egg for breakfast.

Do you mean a fritter or a frittata? (I make my frittata in the oven - perhaps cheaty, but easy!)
  • Sambo_fitness
    Sambo_fitness Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I throw spinach in EVERYTHING! Pancakes, shakes, with my proteins, carbs... Easiest way to make "liquid spinach" is 1/4 cup of water and a cup of spinach. I then add that to baking goods, rice, etc.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I just ate some spinach by hand. Salted it first but that's it.

I really like vegetables.