Why, Coca-Cola? Why? :'(

Options
2»

Replies

• Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    This company is on a roll apparently! (No, I still have not forgiven you for ruining Coke Zero, Coca-Cola)

I'm so out of the loop, what did they do to Coke Zero?

I thought they just changed the name to coca cola zero sugar...? I haven't noticed any change in the taste.

They are trying to faze out diet coke, which I am NOT happy about. Its my favourite drink of all, and the main one I will drink if I go out. I think about 20% of people are big diet coke fans, so I don't understand why they would get rid of it. I don't like regular coke. Might have to switch to pepsi (although it is a bit too sugary).

they are phasing out coke zero not really diet coke. as the coca cola zero calorie is still a diet product., they are coming out with the new flavors to probably keep up with the demands that other companies are coming out with. pepsi has had other flavors out with its 1893 line of flavored pepsi as well as the cherry flavors. mtn dew now has ice which is a clear lemon lime soda. I think coke may be losing money so they have to come out with something new and see how well it does. https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2017/07/26/coca-cola-second-quarter-earnings/511675001/

A facelift on their low cal line by the looks of it.
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    Let me cry you a river all the way from Denmark where we literally have one coke zero flavor: coke zero. :|

Same here, unless you go to a restaurant with a Free Form machine or whatever they are calling it these days. Americans are so lucky!

those machines arent everywhere though so no we arent that lucky. one place in my area has it and thats wendys and wendys makes us sick every time we eat it. so yeah. those machines are only in certain places.

Wendys also makes me sick without fail. Its actually quite amazing that they could be that consistent.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    Let me cry you a river all the way from Denmark where we literally have one coke zero flavor: coke zero. :|

Same here, unless you go to a restaurant with a Free Form machine or whatever they are calling it these days. Americans are so lucky!

those machines arent everywhere though so no we arent that lucky. one place in my area has it and thats wendys and wendys makes us sick every time we eat it. so yeah. those machines are only in certain places.

Wendys also makes me sick without fail. Its actually quite amazing that they could be that consistent.

yeah it didnt used to but my hubby ate there on 2 different occasions. he got food poisoning both times. I ate there a few weeks later and I had food poisoning,my son had it and my daughter had it. since then we stopped eating there. I dont know about any other locations as Im not willing to risk it lol.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    the only place anywhere near here with the freestyle machines is 5 guys. one is 45 min away and one is over an hour.. :(
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    This company is on a roll apparently! (No, I still have not forgiven you for ruining Coke Zero, Coca-Cola)

I'm so out of the loop, what did they do to Coke Zero?

I thought they just changed the name to coca cola zero sugar...? I haven't noticed any change in the taste.

They are trying to faze out diet coke, which I am NOT happy about. Its my favourite drink of all, and the main one I will drink if I go out. I think about 20% of people are big diet coke fans, so I don't understand why they would get rid of it. I don't like regular coke. Might have to switch to pepsi (although it is a bit too sugary).

they are phasing out coke zero not really diet coke. as the coca cola zero calorie is still a diet product., they are coming out with the new flavors to probably keep up with the demands that other companies are coming out with. pepsi has had other flavors out with its 1893 line of flavored pepsi as well as the cherry flavors. mtn dew now has ice which is a clear lemon lime soda. I think coke may be losing money so they have to come out with something new and see how well it does. https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2017/07/26/coca-cola-second-quarter-earnings/511675001/

Well, its getting fazed out in New Zealand at least. Not sure where you are based?

Im in the US