Options
AngelDavis818
AngelDavis818 Posts: 7 Member
Getting sick of eggs.. :(:(

Replies

4870464 Posts: 16 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Try the breakfast cookie recipe by MFP. You can bake ahead of time & chill. I like to eat 3 or 4 with coffee. It has bananas, oats, & chocolate chips ONLY-super easy, tasty, & low on calories!
  • mic1018
    mic1018 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with 1 Tbs of sugar free Smuckers Strawberry Jam - Yummy!
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    mic1018 wrote: »
    Cottage cheese with 1 Tbs of sugar free Smuckers Strawberry Jam - Yummy!

This. Smuckers all fruit jams are amazing. A spoonful on lite vanilla ice cream. ooooh yeaaah.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,994 Member
    Options
    This morning I had a slice of whole grain toast with avocado and a small bowl/large cup of homemade vegetable soup (potatoes, turnips, carrots, onions, celery, etc.) with a half an ounce of dry salami sliced up in it. And black coffee.

You don't have t eat only "breakfast" foods for breakfast.
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Bagels
    Toast with Greek yogurt
    Banana
    Cheese sticks
  • SasuJones
    SasuJones Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    left overs from the last nights meal.. you dont have to have eggs
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Have a variety of choices to choose from. That way, you don't get sick of any of them.
  • Lift_Run_Eat
    Lift_Run_Eat Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    No such thing as breakfast, dinner or lunch meals. Food is food. Eat what you enjoy eating.

This. I eat whatever for my meals... Chicken use to be a "breakfast" staple.
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I love the concept of breakfast foods anytime, same goes with lunch or dinner. Eat what you love no matter what time the clock says!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oats (made with milk+water).....add cinnamon and chopped banana. I make a big batch and portion it out for the week.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Getting sick of eggs.. :(:(

Eat whatever food you like, it doesn't have to be "breakfast food"...this morning I had a leftover stuffed red bell pepper from dinner last night.

I make a lot of stews this time of year and will often have leftover stew for breakfast.

Grilled trout with some rice or potatoes is one of my favorites...but usually only camping.

I'm planning on a burrito tomorrow morning.

ETA: I also love eggs...and you can cook them in so many ways and add various things to them.
  • Eire228
    Eire228 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    As people said, eat what you like! Personally, I like "breakfast" foods for "breakfast". My personal favorites:

Toast and avocado
    Spinach & fruit smoothie (usually strawberries and blueberries with vanilla protein powder and water)
    Protein shakes
  • jodiwertheimer
    jodiwertheimer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    my faves:
    Toast and avocado with or without an egg on top is so good and good for you
    Plain Greek non-fat yogurt with 1/2 banana or other fruit and a sprinkle of your fave healthy granola
    quinoa (usually leftover from dinner night before) with veggies and an egg

• maltby1943
    maltby1943 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Dr. Praeger's Spinach or Broccoli cakes. Good stuff!
  • devishnik
    devishnik Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Here is mine
    - I get two types of yogurt in fridge - non fat (chobani with fruits 120 calories no fat) and strawberry oui (French style 160 calories and fat). I switch them periodically
    - low fat cottage cheese small amount
    - Rice pudding 1/4 of cup (with yogurt above)
    - Miso soup (dashi style is my fav) high in sodium but super low in calories (like 40-60 don’t remember
    - Homemade farm cheese (1 buttermilk portion to 2 milk (traderjoes) mixed overnight for 10 hours then 40-45 min on yogurt regime in instant pot, then drain)
    - Eggs different styles!
    - I stay away from grains and breads (unless there is a cake) so those are my favs.
  • swilkins49412
    swilkins49412 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    unflavored protein powder can be mixed with anything. I like it in 5 calorie juice with some ice to thicken it a bit. Collagen protein powder can be mixed into hot things without clumping (or so I hear, still waiting for mine to come in the mail). Either can be mixed with milk for cereal or oatmeal, pancakes, etc.
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    As a breakfast side dish:
    • 1/4 cup uncooked Grits, this kind.
    • 1 ounce each chopped onion and jalapeño sautéed together.
    • ½ ounce chopped sun-dried tomatoes, about 3 halves.
    • 2 ounces cooked and drained sausage (optional).
    • 1 cup stock or water.
    Stir it all up in a double boiler then go take your shower, read the paper, or otherwise occupy yourself for about 30 minutes.
  • prairiesunflower
    prairiesunflower Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Kale, onion, mushrooms, and assorted veggies cooked down. Then add whatever meat you enjoy - like a mini stir-fry.