Elektrolyfe Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    White Rice, Brown Rice, Green Rice, doesn't matter

Calories in, Calories out.

Eats rice everyday crew.
  • mkim3138
    mkim3138 Posts: 80
    Options
    BING BING BING!! Not metabolism, it's the portions sizes. Asian portions are just smaller in general.

SPECIAL ENZYME ... and as another poster mentioned, it's also the one that gives many the red face when alcohol touches our lips.

Have you not yet discovered Pecid AC?

I can confirm...Pepcid is magic for me.

Seriously? How is it that I've never heard of this?! I'm trying it immediately. (well, when I get off work)

Does this work? Cause I turn like purple after a wine cooler, I gave up on trying to drink a long time ago. I don't even know what being drunk feels like I go from sober to passed out. :noway:
  • veg_runner
    veg_runner Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Carbs don't make you fat. That's why. They don't have a special asian gene or something and they don't run marathons everyday. Pretty easy logic.
  • hungryhobbit1
    hungryhobbit1 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I eat white rice all the time and still lose weight. Just make sure it fits your numbers for the day, then why not? A half cup serving works best for me.
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    BING BING BING!! Not metabolism, it's the portions sizes. Asian portions are just smaller in general.

SPECIAL ENZYME ... and as another poster mentioned, it's also the one that gives many the red face when alcohol touches our lips.

Seriously? How is it that I've never heard of this?! I'm trying it immediately. (well, when I get off work)

Does this work? Cause I turn like purple after a wine cooler, I gave up on trying to drink a long time ago. I don't even know what being drunk feels like I go from sober to passed out. :noway:

Hahah this basically sums the drinking experience for most of my asian friends. It's all about proper Pepcid prepping and pacing yourself. Tequila also seems to be more forgiving in terms of the purple, seriously.
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Can't believe some of the stuff people post. GD this is hilarious.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I have to disagree with all of you. They don't ALL move ALL day long. Like, really? I personally think it's that damn green tea they ALL drink ALL day long.

Google green tea. It has major health/weight loss benefits.

Broscience. And this is coming from someone who is both part Japanese and lived in Japan.
    They move around a lot. They tend to commute by trains and bicycle rather than ride in cars. There are overweight people in Japan. They aren't ALL thin. And aside from rice, they do love huge bowls of ramen. But in the end, it is calories in, calories out.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    IN! Muh The Pho Ken IN!

(disclaimer: Pho is an Asian food. Ken is the name of my asian friend. The is a word. And Muh is the name of my stuffed animal tiger.)
  • dmchiz
    dmchiz Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I have to disagree with all of you. They don't ALL move ALL day long. Like, really? I personally think it's that damn green tea they ALL drink ALL day long.

Bahahaha ^^^^THIS! but seriously, my step mom is Korean and yes steamed white rice every day...but its eaten just like that with the kim-chee and other good things. I LOVE to make steamed rice in my steamer - 6 cups at a time...I tried to change to brown cuz it's "more healthy" but ya, not the same. I agree that you can have it in moderation, like anything else!!!! Keep up the good work
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    In asia I've seen a lot of more healthy white rice, that has a purple color to it because there is some black rice in there that makes it all look purply. It's less processed then the super white stuff I guess. But while brown rice has more nutrients, it often has more calories, so from a caloric point of view, plain steamed white rice is fine, just not really "good for you" cause it's just carbs with few nutrients, but its fine. If you add lots of oil and stuff it's not great. eat small amounts

When you say Asia, do you mean China? The forbidden rice? (Black Chinese Rice). Because Japanese rice is white.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    I'm Asian & I'm a Filipino

well for me,, white rice is very common here in the Philippines,, but be conscious on white rice,, because too much white rice can make you fat or diabetes because of high content of carbs & sugar.

Filipinos are considered Asian I believe. And why would Japan and such be able to consume so much white rice and not have a diabetes problem. FAIL.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

Broscience. And this is coming from someone who is both part Japanese and lived in Japan.
    They move around a lot. They tend to commute by trains and bicycle rather than ride in cars. There are overweight people in Japan. They aren't ALL thin. And aside from rice, they do love huge bowls of ramen. But in the end, it is calories in, calories out.

Having lived in Japan for a number of years, I can say that it is, without a doubt, ninjas. If you're not a ninja, then white rice will kill you. Carry on.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

Having lived in Japan for a number of years, I can say that it is, without a doubt, ninjas. If you're not a ninja, then white rice will kill you. Carry on.

Shhhhh. Don't be telling all our secrets now.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

I don't know about other Asians, but I read most Japanese are intolerant to alcohol. That's why we turn so red so quick.
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options

I don't know about other Asians, but I read most Japanese are intolerant to alcohol. That's why we turn so red so quick.

This applies to koreans as well. We still have some of the highest alcoholism rates regardless, but that's irrelevant.
  • choijanro
    choijanro Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Brace Yourselves,, Asian People will comment here on this thread including me :laugh:
  • ChiManLifts
    Options
    This applies to koreans as well. We still have some of the highest alcoholism rates regardless, but that's irrelevant.

Is that statistic based on you? lulzz.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    I'm Asian & I'm a Filipino

well for me,, white rice is very common here in the Philippines,, but be conscious on white rice,, because too much white rice can make you fat or diabetes because of high content of carbs & sugar.

Filipinos are considered Asian I believe. And why would Japan and such be able to consume so much white rice and not have a diabetes problem. FAIL.

THIS is what I was forever thinking when i was losing all that weight on somersize and avoiding white rice like the debil.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

well then i'm intolerant to exercise because that happens to me.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    Nah.