HELP Have you all ever dealt with stalkers while walking /excercising ?

Options
GlorianasTears
GlorianasTears Posts: 212 Member
edited January 2018 in Chit-Chat
What do you do to stay safe ?. I'm naturally overly friendly so I don't know what to do to get people to not bother me. Like just yesterday I walked to a store and this man in a truck was waiting for me to come out the store even though I told him I was excercising and I didn't need a ride. It makes me very uncomfortable all I want to do is burn calories not be bothered and followed by people :(

Replies

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Stabby stabby. This is what knives are for. Easily concealed, too.
  • Rincewind_1965
    Rincewind_1965 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I stay indoors at all times. In fact, I rarely get out of bed. Just staying safe!

Just wait until the next asteroid comes in ...
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    _barefoot_ wrote: »
    Put headphones on so you don't have to worry about talking to anyone .

That doesn't work.. speaking from experience, that just seems to give them license to follow you around even more because they are under the misguided notion that you can't hear them or see them in your peripheral vision. :S
  • GlorianasTears
    Options
    I carry pepper spray. I've been followed on foot and by car. If someone even tries to talk to me I just point to my ear buds. I don't even always play music.

Oh pointing to your headphones is smart... it feels kinda rude tho but oh well.
  • GlorianasTears
    Options
    I stay indoors at all times. In fact, I rarely get out of bed. Just staying safe!

Lol what
  • tramaine_21
    tramaine_21 Posts: 348 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    You mentioned you're friendly, well then you need to be a little unfriendly to those that are making you feel uncomfortable. Hurt their feelings because apparently they have no problem hurting yours! If someone is making you feel VERY uncomfortable to the point you feel your life is in danger. Lower your voice, look them in the eye and say: No thank you, please leave me alone; I don't have time; No!! Even begin to jog away and, of course, carry pepper spray or a stun gun baton. I have them both and it's awesome! Good luck and be safe!
  • NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    Options
    I carry pepper spray. I've been followed on foot and by car. If someone even tries to talk to me I just point to my ear buds. I don't even always play music.

True, best not to be rude to your stalker.
  • Thehardmakesitworthit
    Options
    I primarily walk late into the evening...I carry pepper spray, a "dont F with me" posture, wear a lighted vest, and I walk in residential areas so I would not have far to run to save myself or get assistance for the perp after I kick their ars. But seriously, if we live in fear that is no bueno. Common sense and confidence is what we need. IMO. have fun!
  • GlorianasTears
    Options

People around here have guns a knife wont take stop anything lol I don't even have a knife
  • KosmosKitten
    Options

People around here have guns a knife wont take stop anything lol I don't even have a knife

If everyone around you is openly carrying firearms in your area, I think you have larger concerns than a potential stalker, IMO.

Knives are simple and useful tools to have (for all sorts of reasons). I rarely leave home without one because it is so darn useful.

My husband on the other hand? He treats his knives the way women treat jewelry. He accessorizes, lol.
  • GlorianasTears
    Options
    You mentioned you're friendly, well then you need to be a little unfriendly to those that are making you feel uncomfortable. Hurt their feelings because apparently they have no problem hurting yours! If someone is making you feel VERY uncomfortable to the point you feel your life is in danger. Lower your voice, look them in the eye and say: No thank you, please leave me alone; I don't have time; No!! Even begin to jog away and, of course, carry pepper spray or a stun gun baton. I have them both and it's awesome! Good luck and be safe!

I'm gonna start practicing speaking firmly right now! And I didn't know we could buy stun gun batons :o I need to get one
  • GlorianasTears
    Options
    I primarily walk late into the evening...I carry pepper spray, a "dont F with me" posture, wear a lighted vest, and I walk in residential areas so I would not have far to run to save myself or get assistance for the perp after I kick their ars. But seriously, if we live in fear that is no bueno. Common sense and confidence is what we need. IMO. have fun!

Yes thats the thing I don't wanna live in fear and paranoia I have to be bold! And I do think it's good to stay near houses and people I try to avoid going in the woods
  • GlorianasTears
    Options
    csbnga wrote: »

True, best not to be rude to your stalker.
    Not a stalker people in general like I have had people turn their cars around and honk their horns over and over again just to get my attention it's so weird. :|
  • GlorianasTears
    Options
    _barefoot_ wrote: »

Sound like you need a bullet proof vest as well .

NOOOOOOO :(