HELP Have you all ever dealt with stalkers while walking /excercising ?

Options
2»

Replies

• GlorianasTears
    GlorianasTears Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I carry pepper spray. I've been followed on foot and by car. If someone even tries to talk to me I just point to my ear buds. I don't even always play music.

Oh pointing to your headphones is smart... it feels kinda rude tho but oh well.

Thanks, I don't mind being rude. They're rude for interrupting my workout.

True I often wonder why people see headphones and you excercising and they still want to have a conversation with a total stranger
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    Go to a gym.
  • StevefromMichigan
    StevefromMichigan Posts: 462 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Not sure what state you live in, but I would look into getting a concealed pistol license...all kinds of freaks out there. I am a 190lb man, and I still carry (legally) my pistol everywhere I go. Nothing says don't **uck with me like a Smith and Wesson revolver.

More and more women are carrying these days.
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    Take your phone out and start recording them. It will embarrass them or detour them if they have bad intentions. Make direct eye contact, this shows you're not intimidated. Also, tell them to *kitten* off.
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    Trust your intuition. Stand tall, don't engage or limit smiling if you do, master resting *kitten* face and walk with a blade. Works for me...
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Stabby stabby. This is what knives are for. Easily concealed, too.

People around here have guns a knife wont take stop anything lol I don't even have a knife

If everyone around you is openly carrying firearms in your area, I think you have larger concerns than a potential stalker, IMO.

Knives are simple and useful tools to have (for all sorts of reasons). I rarely leave home without one because it is so darn useful.

My husband on the other hand? He treats his knives the way women treat jewelry. He accessorizes, lol.

If everyone around her is licensed, trained and openly carrying, the only problem would be that she isn't. IMO.

Visible firearm carried on her person = potentially predatory men are warned off on a very visceral level and the little "stalking" problem is solved. But receiving unwanted attention does not necessarily equal stalking.

I agree completely!

Sidenote- on a recent trip around Asia,I met someone named Crystal. She said her father was a wealthy industrialist so she needed security with her. Could you get a body guard?
    Just fooling around,I know a body guard is out of the question!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I am not sure what I think about this at all. There are stalkers as in this is a frequent daily, weekly occurrence?

I would probably move.
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Well you're working out so just wear short sleeves to show off the guns. Should keep them away through intimidation alone.
  • THeADHDTurnip
    THeADHDTurnip Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Do you like dogs?
    Get a big one.
    Name him/her with an intimidating name, like Skeletor or Joseph Stalin or something.
  • GlorianasTears
    Options
    What do you do to stay safe ?. I'm naturally overly friendly so I don't know what to do to get people to not bother me. Like just yesterday I walked to a store and this man in a truck was waiting for me to come out the store even though I told him I was excercising and I didn't need a ride. It makes me very uncomfortable all I want to do is burn calories not be bothered and followed by people :(

Thankfully no. I would recommend walking with a dog or another person.

If you are really nervous, carry a concealed firearm.

But it would make so much more sense to walk somewhere else before you do that.

Get a treadmill!

Walk around your kitchen. That totally works.

I wish I had a walking partner ! And I enjoy walking outdoors with fresh air the kitchen will tempt me to stuff my face lol
  • GlorianasTears
    Options
    Take your phone out and start recording them. It will embarrass them or detour them if they have bad intentions. Make direct eye contact, this shows you're not intimidated. Also, tell them to *kitten* off.

Oh that is very smart people probably will chill out if they know they are being recorded!
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    If I was a woman I'd probably carry a tampon in my hand while I ran, I feel like that would deter most folks.
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I'd seriously just apply for a gun permit and carry it. They make many holsters for us ladies now. I even have a pair of tights that has a built in holster compartment.
  • THeADHDTurnip
    THeADHDTurnip Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Hmm. Guns can kill though. Just buy one of these and hit him in the temple.
    Bonus: They flip steaks on the bbq.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3ypZZB8LIN24w0HpyIpaOxxfQv3NMK9P03kzXJUutXB0UU06t
  • CharlesS6730
    CharlesS6730 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Guns are useless unless you train with them. Knives are effective but also useless unless you train with them. Study martial arts.

Learn about pre incident indicators and avoid the situation all together. “The Gift Of Fear” is an amazing book.