What is your overcompensation for misery? [PIC HEAVY]

Options

Replies

• BathtubBadger
    BathtubBadger Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    if it makes you feel any better op, i would smash you with the might of 10,000 titans.

That sounds a bit rough. I like it.
  • Sesaza
    Sesaza Posts: 49
    Options
    if it makes you feel any better op, i would smash you with the might of 10,000 titans.

That sounds a bit rough. I like it.

hey baby, i noticed you have been going to the gym alot lately. how about you let me take you out for a steak dinner to solidify them gains, followed by a late night cardio session nomsayin
  • VeganGlasgow27
    VeganGlasgow27 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Having control over my calories definitely makes me feel better about lacking control with everything else. I realise that's quite a sad thing to admit. A lot of people have told me, "Urgh, why do you bother?! It's such a waste when you could be living a normal life without worrying!" - It just helps somehow.
  • BathtubBadger
    Options
    Having control over my calories definitely makes me feel better about lacking control with everything else. I realise that's quite a sad thing to admit. A lot of people have told me, "Urgh, why do you bother?! It's such a waste when you could be living a normal life without worrying!" - It just helps somehow.

Yeah, since I forced myself to stop purchasing beauty products (I haven't for about three weeks, and for me that's a lot) until I finish my current ones, I have been much "better" about my logging here, and my weight loss sped up. I think that's a good sign, but at the same time I really want to avoid developing new quirks :P
  • sub10orbust
    sub10orbust Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    didn't read
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Music is my first, cosmetics my 2nd and clothes/shoes my third. I'm currently going through a stack of 14 CDs I bought yesterday after a 120 hour pay period....

ETA: Oh, and the gym... always the gym.
  • gertudejekyl
    gertudejekyl Posts: 386 Member
    Options

This is good. I have a bit of a shopping problem too. I love shopping, tasty food. It's just natural...there is lonliness, emptiness and boringness in life... these things assuage those feelings. You are very ambitious. Good !
  • Sesaza
    Sesaza Posts: 49
    Options
    hey bby pls respond
  • BathtubBadger
    Options
    didn't read

Thanks for bumping anyway!
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mqwlsu5SeO1s7p0nfo1_400.jpg
  • fullofquirks
    fullofquirks Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I hear ya, OP. I hate saying "I understand" because I cannot possibly completely know everything about what another person experiences but I sympathize. I got to 338lbs by not handling my quirks.

I liked your post. Thank you for sharing it. Kinda got a lot from it today.
  • BathtubBadger
    Options
    I hear ya, OP. I hate saying "I understand" because I cannot possibly completely know everything about what another person experiences but I sympathize. I got to 338lbs by not handling my quirks.

I liked your post. Thank you for sharing it. Kinda got a lot from it today.

I love the combination comment + username :)
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    LifeGivesLemons_Fullpic_1_large.gif

ETA: Op is pretty, and I liked your post. :D

I read this in my head with the voice of Uncle Si from Duck Dynasty. Felt right.

And also:
    1a8b884ecf75e62173f8cfc2d693218f_zps154685f2.jpg
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Not so long ago my way of drowning my sorrow and the accompanying depression was by playing computer games. Today my poison is posting on the internet. Hey, communicating on the forum is much better than blasting random strangers in an internet FPS game...
  • BathtubBadger
    Options
    Not so long ago my way of drowning my sorrow and the accompanying depression was by playing computer games. Today my poison is posting on the internet. Hey, communicating on the forum is much better than blasting random strangers in an internet FPS game...

I play flash games so much e_e
  • kellyskitties
    kellyskitties Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I've used games like Farmville. I've accumulated stuff for an idea or project - and information - with little attempt at the projects.

I have a friend that "collects" music and movies - he has thousands on thousands.

Another older friend collected cross stitch patterns - she had boxes and boxes of them - thousands more than she could ever do.

It's easy to obsess. Stopping yourself is hard. I usually hit some epiphany moment where I wake up and realize how I'm wasting resources/time and then I'm over it. But until the epiphany moment, it's just like an addiction.

edited for this: HAHAHAHA - after thinking about it - it hit me like a flying brick to the head. I cope with planning. I will plan things to the tiniest detail to soothe myself. I may never carry out the plan - but I will make one. I get agitated if I am unable to make a plan - even though the plan may not be possible. I have pages and pages of lists laying around sometimes because of this.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    1a8b884ecf75e62173f8cfc2d693218f_zps154685f2.jpg
    [/quote]
  • cheyennekl
    cheyennekl Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    SHOES, SHOES, GLORIOUS SHOES ..... I own over a hundred pairs of heels!
  • AryaSnow
    AryaSnow Posts: 26
    Options
    Hey, I can relate to what you said. I made some bad choices too: left my country and chose a university that I later hated. So I took refuge in reading, got my room full of books, all sort of books. Now I've left university, moved back to my country, lost some of the weight I gained and I'm trying to rebuild my life again.
  • Prettymisssparkles
    Prettymisssparkles Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    Good post! I get obsessed with a new hobby when my life is falling apart. Recently Krav Maga, before that writing, painting, running... it goes on and on. It's my way of hiding until everything works itself out.

^This. :\ I have like 50 million hobbies...