Italians and white pasta

Options
2»

Replies

• LePetitCochon
    Options
    We're talking Italians in Italy, not Italian-Americans, right?
  • Danni3ll3
    Danni3ll3 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Ok.....I'm in just cause i love pasta and like 1/8th italian somewhere in my bloodz lolol

tumblr_lz23t7xWIf1qdt4r8o1_r3_500.gif

but for a serious answer... I think its because they eat much smaller portions than we do, more frequently, they drink ALOTZ, they are more active than we are generally they can walk everywhere, they use much more basic ingredients generally, more healthy fats than we do olive oil for daaayz

This pretty well sums it up!
  • Lisa_Rhodes
    Lisa_Rhodes Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    How come Italians are so skinny when they eat that evil while pasta all the time?

CARBS ARE EVIL! Why doesn't someone tell them?

my guess is that they are able to stay so skinny from all the gondola paddling and gesture making.
    that burns cals.
    I know that was supposed to be a funny, but I do think there is an Italian gene for the hand gesturing thing. I do it ALL THE TIME. I don't think I could talk without my hands.

I talk with my hands even when I'm just on the phone. :-)

Me too... when I try to put my hands down and not move them as much, I'm lost for words :laugh:
  • GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Seems once you get to North America all bets are off. We still love our pasta and pizza but the staying thin ability never makes the trip. And so here I am on MFP.

35pydi.jpg
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    We're talking Italians in Italy, not Italian-Americans, right?
    Whatever you like.
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    it's all the olive oil... makes it all slide right back out

There's a mental image I wish never happened