200 lbs to go!!!!

Options
Hi :)....I don't know where to begin....All I know is I have to lose as least 200 lbs!!! I'm sure we're all in a similar boat!....My problem is quantity....I can't just make 1 piece of chicken or 1 serving of broccoli....I have to eat the entire chicken, and the whole head of broccoli!!!! People tell me all the time....Ohhhh Urs....you eat so well!!!....Yes, I do....but eating well all contributed to my 400 pound life! I need all the help I can get....All the support....and suggestions....I have had 24 major abdominal surgeries in the past....In addition to having every ailment in the book! I won't list them....as I'm sure this whole mess of writing is just repetitious. :) And ohhhh, hello to all....and hope you're all doing well :) Nice to meet you .... and feel free to chat :)

Replies

• jayne6485
    jayne6485 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello! I started last week. I’ve been on every diet you can name and my trouble is sticking with it but this time I am sticking with it. I’m 53 and if I don’t loose it now I know that it is going to get harder to loose. A suggestion I can offer is to fill up on the veggies and stay away from the starchy ones. Chicken or fish or other lean meats are good and protein helps you to feel longer. Start cutting portion sizes down and your tummy will shrink and it will take less to satisfy you. It may take several days or even a week but you can do it. I think it was Henry Ford who said: Whether you think you can or whether you think you can’t you are probably right. Best wishes and feel free to add me as a friend.
  • robanntyler
    robanntyler Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hey Inspiration ! I was 450+ when I started about 9 months ago, 374 today. It is slow but you can do it ! Add me if you like & I will be happy to share some of the things that have helped me. All I’ll say for now is that Keto Works !
  • robbietek
    robbietek Posts: 4 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Do research about the Keto Diet. Many people will cut it down but it will work for anyone who will do it right. and you will be satisfied on this diet