Canadian what are your plans for long weekend?

Options
13»

Replies

• WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Im also hoping to watch some football with the boys. The CFL is a lot more fun to watch than the NFL.

Proudly Canadian here but that's a blatant lie. Canadian football is HORRIBLE! Thank God Real football is coming back this month!
  • polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    going to america

Just curious. Is this the common reference for you guys if you are coming down here? If not, what other terms do you use? It just struck me when I saw this answer. :smile:

When I lived in Alaska we called it the "lower 48".

I hear it a bit though the most common one around here is going to the States.

I've generally always heard the U.S. referred to as The States. Don't know anyone who calls it America.

'Merica!

<Murica!!
  • WEB3
    WEB3 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Ribfest!!!! ohhh yea, yummm and blueberry picking with my daughter :)
  • _cdngirl71_
    _cdngirl71_ Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Starting a month long holiday!! Relaxing this long weekend then heading out camping on Aug. 6th for 5 days!!
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Im going to try a stay-cation. Do day trips all over Vancouver island. On this list is caving at horne lake, horse back riding the trans Canada trail, and floating down the cowichan river. (if I can find my dog's life jacket) Oh and I want to have a sushi day, so don't be shocked if I log copious amounts of sushi.
  • Shelley6591
    Shelley6591 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm going to my Mother in laws, she lives on the beach, that's pretty well it, every day is ground hog day with kids....
  • Georgianbaygirl67
    Georgianbaygirl67 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Heading out on the boat on Georgian Bay- should have left today, but it was raining pretty hard! Beautiful night now!
  • estatitra
    estatitra Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    read, rest, bike, swim, run..and Nothing.
  • MsWallwoman
    Options
    Fun fun and more fun of course! Still broken so no dirt biking for me.... But I will be out enjoying the beautiful weather and outdoors some how. BUT, today major house cleaning and food prep for friends coming over for a BBQ tonight.

Happy long weekend to all of my fellow Canadians who have one... Happy August to everyone else! May everyone stay safe and have a most excellent time.