So ANNOYED by food pushers at my office!

Options

Replies

• 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I would have bitten the chicken finger if she waved in front of my face- then sit it out.. acctually I wouldn.t have; I just would have thought about it and told her it's rude to wave your food at people and asked her she thinks that prro chicken finger feels being used for evil purposes.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    I would have bitten the chicken finger if she waved in front of my face- then sit it out.. acctually I wouldn.t have; I just would have thought about it and told her it's rude to wave your food at people and asked her she thinks that prro chicken finger feels being used for evil purposes.

I think it would have been funny if she would have started to fake drool, and then lunged her head in, and bit the lady on the hand. Then she could have said, "OMG. I am so sorry. It's the hunger. I don't know what came over me."
  • KristysLosing
    Options

I think it would have been funny if she would have started to fake drool, and then lunged her head in, and bit the lady on the hand. Then she could have said, "OMG. I am so sorry. It's the hunger. I don't know what came over me."

:laugh: THIS!
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    You might want to get hold of some photos of how machine recovered meat is actually processed. That should be enough to persuade most people that you woulkdnt want to partake.
  • socrates02
    socrates02 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    pot lucks sucks
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    The taunting is a little uncalled for but you can't change how other people act, you can only change how you respond. Just keep replying "no" and "no, thanks" and leave it at that. Getting all worked up is just a waste of time and energy.
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Ugh, someone always brings in doughnuts or pizza every two weeks. I don't care about the pizza because it's always Kirkland's which is like eating cardboard, but the doughnuts are always from Dunkin and it's really tempting (unless the only ones left are the custard filled or coconut covered ones). I go in there and lift the lid a little and someone's always around saying "one won't kill you!"

I might choke and die, you don't know! One MIGHT kill me, but anyway I never take one. Kinda just like to peek at them. xD
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options

WTF DO I DO

Sorry if this offends anyone else...

This has happened to me many times. I said "no I don't want to be a fat worthless piece of chit like you. You eat what you want you disgusting blob and leave me the F alone."

Never happened again. lol
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I say this as nicely as possible:

get over it.

By asking you to join them in their lunch orders, they're being nice, not sabotaging you.

The pushiness sounds like it's coming from a different place. How you react matters. If you act upset, they'll continue doing it, likely. If you say, "nah, I don't want to eat that - this salad is great" or "I don't wish I could eat that - I COULD eat it. but I don't want to" perhaps they'll leave you alone. If not, and if you do not enjoy eating with them, stop eating with them. Eat at your desk, take your lunch outside, eat at a different time if possible.

Eventually, as you lose weight, they'll see that your choices are paying off.

Edited to add: Now I really want poutine.

Agree. Get over it. You can't control their behavior, only yours.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

WTF DO I DO

Sorry if this offends anyone else...

This has happened to me many times. I said "no I don't want to be a fat worthless piece of chit like you. You eat what you want you disgusting blob and leave me the F alone."

Never happened again. lol

tumblr_m2wfjlK1Tf1qh2o7zo1_500.gif
  • JMPerlin
    JMPerlin Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    AT my job there is about 50 pizzas 3 to 4 days out of the week, then donuts on Fridays. I try to resist but its everywhere. I here you it sucks
  • katarina236
    katarina236 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Different kind of cheese and gravy, but hell, I'd like some chili-cheese fries too.

We sometimes make a ridiculous meal we call tot-chos. Sweet potato tots topped with chorizo, queso, sour cream, and jalapeno. Glad I'm not on a diet so I can eat this kind of stuff ;)

I feel like these posts are very cruel given OP's topics, huh?
    [/quote]

OMG! Why have I never heard of this? It sounds so yum! And my husband brought home some fresh chorizo. I must make this!
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    I prefer this tactic

ef7.gif

Straight to the point.
  • missomgitsica
    missomgitsica Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Act like an adult and just ignore them! Who cares what they do or think? If it's bugging you that much don't eat with them . . . really not a hard problem to fix.
  • Leather_N_Lace
    Leather_N_Lace Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I think you will run into this no matter where you work. It is called will power and discipline..
    My coworkers just today asked me if I wanted Firehouse Subs for lunch, when I replied no, they responded with how good their salads are.
    So I use these as opportunities to teach others about what I am personally trying to accomplish with the foods I eat. While they all chowed on their sub sandwiches and suffered from droopy eyed carb overload during our working lunch today, I felt wonderful since I had a delicious salad from Muscle Maker Grill with a side of steamed broccoli.

Plus every Friday they pass around sweets, so I placed a no soliciting sign in my pod just for laughs.
  • Aleta7
    Aleta7 Posts: 92
    Options
    next time they taunt you saying dont you wish you could eat this say dont you wish you were healthy and fit like me LOL

This.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    The taunting is a little uncalled for but you can't change how other people act, you can only change how you respond. Just keep replying "no" and "no, thanks" and leave it at that. Getting all worked up is just a waste of time and energy.

Ohh Wasted energy. Can you log that?
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    "if I wanted to look like you- I'd eat like you"

my standard response when people get super pushy.
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I say this as nicely as possible:

get over it.

By asking you to join them in their lunch orders, they're being nice, not sabotaging you.

The pushiness sounds like it's coming from a different place. How you react matters. If you act upset, they'll continue doing it, likely. If you say, "nah, I don't want to eat that - this salad is great" or "I don't wish I could eat that - I COULD eat it. but I don't want to" perhaps they'll leave you alone. If not, and if you do not enjoy eating with them, stop eating with them. Eat at your desk, take your lunch outside, eat at a different time if possible.

Eventually, as you lose weight, they'll see that your choices are paying off.

Edited to add: Now I really want poutine.

This exactly. I couldn't have said it better, so I won't try.

Also, I come from a different area of the Country where we don't have poutine. What is it?

Agree :)

And poutine is fries covered with cheese curds and gravy. YUMMMMMM.....
    Though this doesn't make me want any, I want booze.
  • FearAnLoathingJ
    FearAnLoathingJ Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Just ignore them.