people who correct unsignificant spelling/grammer errors

Options

Replies

• hOw2lozeAgiN10dAze
    hOw2lozeAgiN10dAze Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    Checking in two see if your steel injoying this thread.

It makes me feel irritable every time I see that thread title about "steeling"...
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    553863_250223211770829_386069087_n.jpg

lolololololol
    [/quote]

graf.gif?w=490
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I tend to ignore the posts of people who are native speakers of English and can't take the time to write properly. It's a courtesy to others to write clearly and to proofread. Besides, losing weight requires an attention to detail, so if you can't figure out or are indifferent to the difference between words like "lose" and "loose" your heart's probably not in it.

One more thing: Don't expect people to read huge blocks of type. Create paragraphs with the "Enter" key.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    That's "insignificent" and "intended".... unless you like looking illiterate. Yes, proper spelling is important!! Many people, if not most, will automatically discount things in writing if the spelling and punctuation are substandard. Don't believe me? Try submitting a job resume full of misspellings, see what happens.....
  • spud_chick
    Options
    I can't stand seeing flagrant errors either, and I don't care for people who agressively defend their right to mangle English (or any other language) just because they don't think it's important... but this thread is clearly a joke and not a call to arms for the linguistically lazy. Lighten up!
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Checking in two see if your steel injoying this thread.
    That's "insignificent" and "intended".... unless you like looking illiterate. Yes, proper spelling is important!!

Why, yes. Yes, I am. Thank you!:flowerforyou:
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I'm going to ring these people and complain:

http://www.apostrophe.org.uk/

:laugh:
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this'll work but <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/IIAdHEwiAy8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Phoeey try this http://youtu.be/IIAdHEwiAy8
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    That's "insignificent" and "intended".... unless you like looking illiterate. Yes, proper spelling is important!! Many people, if not most, will automatically discount things in writing if the spelling and punctuation are substandard. Don't believe me? Try submitting a job resume full of misspellings, see what happens.....

It was deliberately done, as a joke. Also, you misspelled "insignificant".
  • spud_chick
    Options

It was deliberately done, as a joke. Also, you misspelled "insignificant".

Or was it... magnificently insignificant???
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    I can't stand seeing flagrant errors either, and I don't care for people who agressively defend their right to mangle English (or any other language) just because they don't think it's important... but this thread is clearly a joke and not a call to arms for the linguistically lazy. Lighten up!

I like being aggressive.
  • spud_chick
    Options

I like being aggressive.

Ahhh, f@#% me!
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

I like being aggressive.

Ahhh, f@#% me!

If you insist.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I'm already in a bad mood, don't push my buttons!
  • Seesawboomerang
    Seesawboomerang Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    This thread full of funny. Always enjoy the grammar rows.
  • carolstartingover
    carolstartingover Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I want to loose 20 pounds so my pants will be lose. Ok, that used to bother me I am writing it so I won't get more wrinkles when it is used incorrectly. I am chewing on my bridge. ****.
  • spud_chick
    Options

I like being aggressive.

Ahhh, f@#% me!

If you insist.

Considering your screen name, you'll have to promise to be gentle :)
  • fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I defiantly agree with you're idea.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

*twitch*
  • spud_chick
    Options
    Nobody's got any more grammar pics/cartoons? The first several pages of this thread were really funny.