Options
2»

Replies

• passenger79
    passenger79 Posts: 257 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    wnybubba wrote: »
    Resistance Bands are inexpensive and provide and easy solution. I also belong to SparkPeople(.com) - they have a nice "learning" page and another with workout videos. Helps give you some direction *and* to do the exercise correctly <-- key to getting the most out of it and not hurting yourself.

I 've started with just resistance bands and You tube workouts. Then I started investing in bits of equipment ,free weights,barbell,treadmill,kettlebell and I 've got squat rack a month ago .

With my working hours I find I definitely work out more now then I would if I had to drag my *kitten* to gym so it can be done .

I also got a weighted hula hoop (that was a random purchase if there was one ),probably burns about 20 cal and bruises like a mother &@$@ but it's fun and gets me moving .
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,394 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Links to & discussion of many strength programs here, including beginner & bodyweight ones:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you

Start Bodyweight is missing, and that's a pretty cool, and free one.
  • dklmiller
    dklmiller Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all of the help!
  • mic1018
    mic1018 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have been using Leslie Sansone's walking videos and they are great. I am also buying a set of resistance bands because they don't take up a lot of room like a weight bench, etc...and can be used in a lot of different ways to work different parts of the body...plus they are low impact
    which is what I need at this point. Best of luck to you!
  • lososj
    lososj Posts: 1 Member
    Options
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    dklmiller wrote: »
    Thank you! I’m thinking 30 mins 5 Times a week of cardio but having trouble thinking of resistance/strength training for home. The only weights I have are my husbands 50 pound dumbbells and that’s not happening lol

Planks, push ups, squats, and lunges are just a few that come to mind requiring no equipment. Tricep dips on a chair are another good one