Low carb smoothies!

Options
Any one have any suggestions on low carb smoothies? Also, I’m doing intermittent fasting and on a Keto low carb diet. This Keto is kind of hard any ideas in food or any ideas on a plan of eating anything will help! Thank youuuu

Replies

• opalastrophel
    opalastrophel Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    When I need to cram in my last iron without too many carbs, I do a cup of unsweetened cashew milk, half a cup of greek yogurt, 150g spinach, 1tbsp chia seed, cinnamon, and turmeric. I'm not on keto, just low GL, so you could probably swap around some things if the yogurt or milk is too many carbs.
  • caiteh86
    caiteh86 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    1 scoop Beyond Yourself French Vanilla whey isolate protein
    1 c unsweetened cashew milk
    Handful of fresh spinach
    Avocado
    Ice
    Natural peanut butter
    Maybe a pinch of cinnamon and or nutmeg
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You plan your eating. Weightloss and eating for good health is really simple, and it isn't about making it as difficult as possible - actually, it's just about eating enough of everything but not too much of anything, and that can be hard enough (because we like to eat and food is all around) - so to make it work, you have to make it as easy and fun and practical as possible. Of course you can add any challenge you want, because that's fun too - but you don't get any extra points for it. You can go for the low hanging fruit too.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Keto's not hard (other than if you miss the foods you cannot eat, of course -- it's not for everyone, including me). Here's a great group where you can get good advice: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

Smoothies are possible on keto, depending on what you want, but when I was doing it I rarely had them, since if I do it's for breakfast and eggs are so, so easy.

You can't use fruit other than avocado (at least not if you want to save your limited carbs for vegetables), so basically it's protein powder, nuts and/or dairy (both of which will contribute carbs), avocado, and whatever veg you add (kale or spinach are obvious, other veg I like in smoothies include roasted winter squash -- which might have more carbs than you like -- cucumbers, and fennel). As an alternative to dairy homemade cashew milk (which has the nuts, so more fat, or coconut milk work well.