• franklin5280
    franklin5280 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Starting: 485 lbs 11/2007
    Last Week : 343.6
    Current: 343.6
    Next Goal: 330 lbs
    Target: 250 lbs

Not loosing weight but increasing duration 45 minutes is easy. 60-70 minutes 2-3 times per week. Weekend 90 minutes on Saturday or Sunday.

Most of Training is Eliptical and Spin Bike. Trying to work in Dumbbells while Spinning. Eliptical has arm bars.

Gained 1.4 last week. I’m guessing with duration and speed increasing Body is changing composition.

Cutting back calories from 2500 to 2000-2200.
  • S_Elizabeth11
    S_Elizabeth11 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Well done! Inspiring
  • franklin5280
    Options
    April was physically challenging. Two minor surgeries and a simple office procedure gone wrong leading to 6 hours in ER.

This week has been first really stable one since 4/9. Finally know that Lap Band is repaired, and completely empty. Thursday is fill appointment. Expect to go 2 cc. Slow is better than too fast. Target is going to be 4-6 cc.

Back into Spinning next week. Week after all restrictions come off and can begin resistance training.
  • ahoefer
    ahoefer Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! Keep up the dedication!
  • DogServant
    DogServant Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Styggian wrote: »
    I forgot who said this, but it seems to apply in your situation "Reload, Recalibrate, Reengage, and go out on the attack" and beat that curve ball into the ground. good luck :)

Catchy little saying- me likey!
  • etfan
    etfan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    You’ve made great progress— very inspiring!!
  • franklin5280
    Options
    Milestone 7 Complete. Cracked 330 barrier

Lap Band Leak Repair 4/9. Filling process underway 3+ CC’s.

Beginning Milestone 8

Add Resistance Training June.

SW: 485 lbs
    CW: 320 lbs
    Milestone 8: 297 lbs
    TW: 225 lbs
    Diet: Pegan
  • franklin5280
    Options
    Not everything went right after surgery to repair Lap Band. Resulting in ER Visit on first fill. Small issue with knowing how much fill was in Band after surgery.

Things smother now. Down 5.2lb this week. Increasing Cardio and adding Resistance Training next week.

Lap Band @ 4cc. Will add another 1/2 cc next fill in July. Food taking longer to eat.

Changes:
    Clothing Size 48 pants! Down side is I’ve run out of clothes, pants and shorts, underwear. Need next size down.

Never planned this one. Libido has changed +300%.

Had some Left Knee pain stiffness. Getting better.

CW: 315 lbs
    TW: 210-215 lbs
    Diet: High Nutritional Value
  • franklin5280
    Options
    Sprain left knee or torn meniscus. Rehabing with PT 2x/wk. Sitting right above 300 lbs. Closer to weight when I was married 25 years ago. I understand far more the mechanics of nutrition than I did then. Under 100 lbs to go. Target in sight. Full speed ahead!

CW: 306.2 lbs
    Loss = 178.2 lbs
    TW: 210-215 lbs (Post Skin Surgery)
    Diet: High Nutritional Value
  • ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Franklin Just read all your posts here. You are such an inspiration. You have gone thorugh a lot of the past year. I know what you are going through as I was once 497 and am down to 227 and heading toward 180. I have 4 herniated discs can't walk without a walker. However I do ride 6 miles on my bike, do 4 different arm excercises with weights and punch a punching bag. I too have torn my meniscus and know the pain you are going through. Don't let this side track you, please keep going strong. Just today a joined a class that is going to help me understand foods that trigger inflammation and how to clean up my gut. Am hoping to be in onderland by Halloween. I will be following your progress. Let's do this together!
  • walterwhitethecook
    walterwhitethecook Posts: 9 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    It takes efforts to reach where you have! And I am sure you will go through the challenges that are thrown in your way. Congratulations for the results and best lucks for the journey ahead.
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I would like to follow your weight loss journey. Need to lose about 150 pounds myself. How does that "friend business" on MFP work? Thank you.
  • franklin5280
    Options
    Ok, so with lockdowns and access to gym I picked up 30 pounds. I’ve started a nutrition based food program by Purium. I plan to do three 30 cycles of they Ultimate Lifestyle Transformation. I’m on day 6 of Ease-in phase. I’m dealing with back pain from degenerative scoliosis. Have an appointment with Dr from pain clinic. Hopefully I get approved to do a radio frequency ablation on my lower back joints.
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • rockconner
    rockconner Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You've come so far, & you're still working! You're an inspiration!
  • franklin5280
    Options
    I’m getting back on course after COVID-19 lockdowns. Have begun a new nutrition program and trying to get treatment for low back. Looking at joining a Planet Fitness gym nearby.
  • franklin5280
    Options
    Working a program that is high value nutrition based, mostly plants with an allowance for free range chicken and wild salmon. I in the initial phase that completes this Wednesday when I go 10 days on a Superfood detox phase. Interesting to see how that goes.
  • the_vibrant_mom
    the_vibrant_mom Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's outstanding. True inspiration.
  • franklin5280
    edited November 2020
    Options
    So I am back focused again. It’s strange how I allowed myself to drift away. Consistency is a big challenge. I start well and have the correct motivation for a while and then I loose focus. It’s tough because my wife isn’t completely committed to a life change. I guess I need to focus on doing this for me and not anyone else.

I think part of the issue is discipline in the what I eat, as well as staying consistent with a fitness routine. I wish I could figure out how not to loose focus 4-6 months down the road.

I have about 100 lbs to loose give or take 10 lbs, to get to the adult low weight I was at in my mid twenties. I have a left knee that gives me problems and lower back problems. 100 lbs should help delay any surgery.

I am working on trying to get insurance approval for plastic surgery to address buried genitalia. Weight loss between now and January will reduce risks.

I am using a Nutrition Plan called Ultimate Lifestyle Transformation or ULT. I’m not going to share more until I have a month results. I am on day 18 of 30. Program focuses on Superfoods to provide the nutrition needed by the body in a fast bioavailability manner. Emphasis on clean eating, limited animal proteins to reduce inflammation.

Initial Start Wgt: 485 lbs
    Start Weight: 351.6
    Current Weight: 336.6 lbs
    Goal Weight: 250 lbs
    Nutrition Plan: Purium ULT
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!