Would you wear a fanny pack?

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    I'd wear a utility belt and a codpiece before I wore a fanny pack.

What is a codpiece??

A crotch fanny pack.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Nope. Wallet, Pistol, Flask. They all fit in my pockets. It's not like I need makeup or a comb. I don't even carry my phone with me.
  • Probably. LOL but with neon colors, a headband and leg warmers!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Fitwithsci wrote: »
    Would you wear a fanny pack, not just for working out, but in social settings? As a man it isn't exactly socially acceptable to carry a purse (not a fan of satchels), nor do I have the desire to do so, but I also hate having things in my pockets. A fanny pack would allow me to carry keys, my wallet, phone, pocket knife when needed, etc. hands-free without having to load the limited capacity of my pockets and restrict my movement. I am curious to hear your thoughts on this, particularly the men who historically have not had the luxury of purses. #bringbackthepack

I think a satchel is more socially acceptable than a fanny pack. I carry a satchel and see quite a few other men around who carry a satchel as well. I have a nice leather one and then a more casual sling pack. I hate having *kitten* in my pockets.

These are similar to what I have...

51nqVQXorLL.jpg

2017-New-genuine-Leather-Men-Bag-Small-Coin-Purse-Shoulder-Bag-Vintage-Design-Handmade-Messenger-Bag.jpg
  • amandaeve
    amandaeve Posts: 723 Member
    I met a guy who wore a fanny pack and my first thought was, "NERD!" But he always had it on, and he totally owned it. It quickly became pretty sexy, how he could own it like that and be so practical. After that, you just didn't notice it anymore. It was just part of his clothing, like a belt.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Yea I wear a thin one with my son in the carrier and I need my hands free.
  • TheRoadDog
    My Fanny Pack. I just reach back behind my fanny and everything fits in the saddle bag.ektzlvuw81gq.png

• elizarizo
    elizarizo Posts: 470 Member
    Yes hate having a purse sometimes get in the way when I’m tryin to dance
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    Nope. Wallet, Pistol, Flask. They all fit in my pockets. It's not like I need makeup or a comb. I don't even carry my phone with me.

If you were a woman you couldn't fit any of these into your pockets

If I run out of pockets, my daughter helps out.qi0c5xsrwhjw.png
  • ManBehindTheMask
    ManBehindTheMask Posts: 615 Member
    On holiday/vacation I carry a flight bag everywhere to keep my wallet, phone etc

pps8t62d2p05.jpeg
  • ManBehindTheMask
    ManBehindTheMask Posts: 615 Member
    On holiday/vacation I carry a flight bag everywhere to keep my wallet, phone etc

pps8t62d2p05.jpeg

Look at you, so practical

My speedos don’t have pockets
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    edited February 2018
    Fitwithsci wrote: »
    As a man it isn't exactly socially acceptable to carry a purse (not a fan of satchels)

Pretty sure a man using a purse or hand bag is about as socially acceptable as a bumbag.

Just do what you want.

But me, I would just use a back pack. I don’t know why women don’t use back packs instead of a handbags. Handbags just look to get in the way, you can’t run in a hand bag can you?

And I’m sure you could get a back pack with a front strap that could be used to either secure the breasts like a sports bra or one that accentuates them like a push up bra.
  • LiveInLeggings
    LiveInLeggings Posts: 222 Member
    I vote no, sorry
  • bojack3
    bojack3 Posts: 1,483 Member
    To each his own, but I personally don't like em and wouldn't wear it. Nor would I wear crocs, birkenstocks, tye dye, or skinny jeans. I'm not what you would call fashionable, but I know what I like and don't like.
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    I'd rock a flip belt. It serves the same purpose as a regular fanny pack but not so bulky. Perfect for outdoors when you are exercising.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    No way they're naff!...but I think a lot of men can rock a man bag :smiley:
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    sw33tp3a1 wrote: »
    I'd rock a flip belt. It serves the same purpose as a regular fanny pack but not so bulky. Perfect for outdoors when you are exercising.

And super comefortable, i used to run w one and its amazing. Now I usually have a stroller so I can pack all sorts of *kitten*!
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    I haven't in a long time, but I have when going to a theme park. I don't want to pay for a locker and you can't carry a purse on some rides.
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,794 Member
    I like to wear a fanny pack when I'm out and about. Keep my wallet, keys, phone, lighter, and spoon in there.
  • TheRoadDog
    ks82h4v7nmor.png