Options
2»

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    bambusa wrote: »
    Have at it

You are using entries that don't show weight 30 shrimp... how big (need to weigh not count stuff) otherwise you may be eating 10-50% more than you think you are
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    bambusa wrote: »
    Big combo reply: I have a food scale and I do measure. I eat mostly whole foods. Right now I'm averaging about 1200 per day (calories).
    I am 47 years old
    CICO is what I do. Not doing keto or anything like that. I eat mainly like a core foods plan.
    I'm 5'6

If you feel confident that your data when you weigh solid food and measure liquid food is accurate, and you feel confident that you are using accurate entries in the data base to record calories in, and you are absolutely measuring/weighing EVERYTHING you eat, then my best guess is that you are "eating back" too many activity calories.

I am a 66 year old female, 5'6", & the only "exercise" I have been getting this winter is walking the dog (so not "brisk") a couple of miles a day. At 160-ish pounds, my TDEE based on several months of data is about 1600 calories/day.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,994 Member
    Options
    lkndaniels wrote: »
    TxTiffani wrote: »
    How y’all are you?

I don't know how one might tell how y'all one is? I am interested in figuring out how y'all I might be, though. Wut?

lmao. I'm thinking she was trying to say how tall are you

Yes. But I also now want to know how y'all I am. Like, since I live in Idaho, I'm not very y'all, but someone who lives in Georgia is super y'all?!?

I lived in in a border state in high school. We had an exchange group visit from New England, and they thought we were very y'all. Then we had a group visit from North Carolina, and they didn't think we were y'all at all.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    lkndaniels wrote: »
    TxTiffani wrote: »
    How y’all are you?

I don't know how one might tell how y'all one is? I am interested in figuring out how y'all I might be, though. Wut?

lmao. I'm thinking she was trying to say how tall are you

Yes. But I also now want to know how y'all I am. Like, since I live in Idaho, I'm not very y'all, but someone who lives in Georgia is super y'all?!?

Here in Colorado, we also aren't very y'all.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    If it's only been a couple of weeks, I agree that you may just need more time to see changes happening. That said, I really do encourage you to try and look at this as a long-term process. I don't believe that our bodies necessarily "want" to be a certain weight, but I do think that humans settle into comfortable eating and exercise patterns, and temporary dieting only results in temporary loss unless we change those patterns. I think this is also why you often see weight gain after a major life change: meeting a long-term partner, having a child, changing jobs, etc. Theoretically it should work the other way, but it's a lot harder to lose weight without trying. Instead of the change coming from outside, the change has to come from inside.

I also agree with the comments encouraging you to continue to work on accurate calorie logging. 1200 is a fairly low number and it's very common for people to think they are eating less than they are. This may or may not be true for you - it's too early to say - but I think it's important to keep in mind.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Consistency and patience is key.

Consistently log your food and drink as accurately as possible every single day, sticking to your calorie deficit.
    Consistently weigh in and log your weight in a weight-tracking app to see how you're doing as the weeks go by.
    Consistently take your measurements to see if they're slowly decreasing over months.

When you don't have a lot of weight to lose, it can come off very slowly. And a day or two of bad eating can undo a whole week's deficit.

I'm 5'7" and I used to think there was no way I'd be able to get below 150lbs. So I'd always subconsciously sabotage my efforts when I reached that number, loosening up on tracking and eating more junk.

This time, I'm down to 145lbs and still chipping away bit by bit.

Good luck!
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    It sounds like 174 might be a comfortable weight for your lifestyle and that you have a hard time making and maintaining changes that let you get away from there for long.

I think this is such a vital point. People often choose their goals based on an ideal and not the body they can realistically maintain. A person has to appreciate the amount of effort their goal weight is going to require in the way of maintenance calories and activity level, and acknowledge if that is impractical for them. On the other hand, some people do develop a heightened interest in/commitment to a more active lifestyle as they go along, or become better accustomed to the lower calorie requirement. Generally though, I think most of us have a pretty good idea the level of sacrifice we're going to be willing to make (or not) long-term.