Loosing weight

Options

Replies

• chubbasophie1017
    chubbasophie1017 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    With the breakfast im havig bowl of fruit so apple, couple of strawberries and raspberries
  • lamariana2
    lamariana2 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I lose weight slowly too. Honestly track everything you put into you mouth, measure and weight your food, at least in the beginning, till you can eyeball it. Use measuring cups, spoons, and a kitchen scale( the little ones are about $5). For me, water retention was a real problem, make sure you are drinking at least 8 cups of plain water a day, and really watch your salt intake. That being said-you have lost 4 pounds, to appreciate that, carry a 4 pounds bag of potatoes when you do your treadmill. When you put it down, realize, that your body does not have to carry that exact weight around all day long, pat yourself in the back! it is a good accomplishment! losing weight is hard, and you are doing it <3
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    lamariana2 wrote: »
    I lose weight slowly too. Honestly track everything you put into you mouth, measure and weight your food, at least in the beginning, till you can eyeball it. Use measuring cups, spoons, and a kitchen scale( the little ones are about $5). For me, water retention was a real problem, make sure you are drinking at least 8 cups of plain water a day, and really watch your salt intake. That being said-you have lost 4 pounds, to appreciate that, carry a 4 pounds bag of potatoes when you do your treadmill. When you put it down, realize, that your body does not have to carry that exact weight around all day long, pat yourself in the back! it is a good accomplishment! losing weight is hard, and you are doing it <3

measuring cups and spoons for liquids only. scale for solids and semi solids
  • chubbasophie1017
    Options
    Its so slow! Anyway thank you
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    So i have made my diary public yes can u see what i have had? If you look on yesterday and today
    I had a peek. It looks a bit unbalanced. Are you hungry a lot? If so, we can come up with suggestions.
  • chubbasophie1017
    Options
    No im not really hungry
  • kommodevaran
    Options
    Good. Keep on doing what you're doing. It's slow, but you'll get there.
  • chubbasophie1017
    Options
    Do u think im eating wrong stuff?
  • kommodevaran
    Options
    Not wrong stuff, but in less than optimal porportions, imo. I would, for instance, spread the fruit out through the day instead of having three portions for breakfast, and have some starch with my dinner (like you did in January) - but that is unimportant, what's important, is that you can and will stick to a calorie deficit. Humans are resilient, and we can thrive on lots of different diets.
  • chubbasophie1017
    Options
    Ok other things isnt happen as i suffer with ibs too so i get bloated easily
  • chubbasophie1017
    Options
    Literally have lost nothing im staying the same ive stayed the same for nearly two months now! Any ideas guys?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Literally have lost nothing im staying the same ive stayed the same for nearly two months now! Any ideas guys?

Have you started weighing out your food and tracking every single thing you ate like the others suggested?
  • chubbasophie1017
    Options
    Not weighing no but tracking it yes
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    This might sound a bit harsh, but if you want to get serious about weight loss its time to start weighing your foods, it has such an impact and will make a HUGE difference. Eyeballing portion sizes will never be accurate. Weighing foods is key to success - for one thing it will let you become aware of portion sizes. Plus if you know you have been accurately recording your intake and staying at a calorie deficit then weight loss will follow sooner or later.
  • chubbasophie1017
    Options
    Okay il get some weighig scales and my calorie intake is 1200 a day
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    Okay il get some weighig scales and my calorie intake is 1200 a day

That's the best plan :smile:
    If you had been truly eating only 1200 calories a day you WOULD be losing. The fact that you are not tells you that you are eating much more than that. The scales will show you that. Come back in a few weeks time to update us on your progress because I am certain once you start weighing foods you will see movement on the scales.

All the best.
  • lucyl442
    lucyl442 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I’m on the same boat :( a lot of people i see keep loosing weight daily and I’m not. I work out 4-5 days a week and eat clean and nothing seems to fasten the process.