Healthy low card BREAD?

Options
2»

Replies

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Most of the keto breads are terribly high in calories. They are pretty hard to fit into a calorie budget, imo.

I don't eat low carb, but used to. I do, however, have celiac disease. I don't like gluten free bread. When I want rolls for something, I still make myself the rolls I made when I low carbed. They are more calorie friendly than keto breads and I rather like them.

If you Google Atkins oopsie rolls, you'll find plenty of recipes. I make the original version which used cottage cheese, simply because I always have eggs and cottage cheese on hand. You might be able to find this version by googling "Atkins original rolls".

This would give you a low carb roll with much less hefty calorie amount.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Oh good gravy....heres another good choice for a lower calorie and high fiber bread..which is all you asked for....."Natures Own" 90 calories for 2 slices with lots of fiber. Study labels!
  • Jaymie
    Jaymie Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I just have a sandwich sized slice of bread. If I have enough calories I’ll use two slices if not enough just one open sandwich. One slice is usually 100cals
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    squeeeyk wrote: »
    And yet with all the "explanations" very few have actually answered her question. That's my point. As someone who has experienced similar feedback for my questions, it can be very frustrating when everyone wants to "educate" you rather than answer a simple question.

If my question was based on my adoption of a factual error, I would appreciate someone letting me know. If OP really does still want to avoid bread even after learning that one can consume carbohydrates and still lose weight, there are suggestions for her to try. If she wants to continue eating the meal she's already eating and enjoying once her misconceptions about carbohydrates are addressed, she can do that too. It's the best of both worlds. Nobody is going to her house and shoving bread in her mouth.