2»

Replies

• jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    jessef593 wrote: »
    BNY721 wrote: »
    I’ll do a pulse squat...but never a pause. I do pause and hold for thrusts..not every rep but each last rep of each set...but I do try negatives with thrusts, too with lighter weight for 8-12.

What’s with women and pulse reps.

Why not just do more complete reps resulting in a greater total work load and stress on the total muscle. Obviously for the “burn” pulses are better. But aside from squats why haven’t I ever seen anyone doing them for pull downs, deadlifts, flys, curls?

Sometimes it's not about loading the muscle with more weight which can affect recovery. I incorporate all kinds of pulses, pauses, holds, half-reps and the like to stimulate and activate the glutes and get a pump. I don't do it for other muscles mostly because I don't have an interest, also the glutes respond and grow best with different types of exercises (pumpers, stretchers and activators)

That may be the case for you, everyone will respond differently, I was merely referring to a full stretch and then contraction Almost always being the best stimuli for growth.

In regards to a pump/burn pulses and half reps will always be the best.

For myself. A peach boi, volume and overload have always been the best driver for growth in regards to my legs/lower body.