If you are a walker, you may walk into this thread

Options

Replies

• ChristineinMA
    ChristineinMA Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I am a walker too!

And I hear you about the "buzzkill" - I posted something as a lark, and I could not get over the personal attacks that people made. Worse is that I ate over it (recovered quickly though!). Talk about the opposite of support!
  • 1yoyoKAT
    1yoyoKAT Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Big walker here. My main exercise is walking. When I first started, I could only walk for about 5 minutes, but now, I feel like I can walk endlessly! I'm also a late discoverer of dogs, and now my Morkie is my constant walking companion, he's so energetic! I live in rural area, so we have great walks up and down the lane and through the fields and woods, no leash needed. I guess we're both unleashed. :happy:

I wish I had other people to walk with though, not too many people live near me I haven't run into any regular walkers yet.

I am on fitbit and would love other friends who walk, so please send me a note if you are so inclined. :flowerforyou:
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Another walker here. Was walking 15 miles a day until I got pneumonia in July. Now trying to build back to that level. Today's goal is 17,000 steps and I've been increasing by 1,000 a day since I was able to get back into the groove. Love my fitbit flex. Keeps me motivated.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,754 Member
    Options
    I walk to DVDs, to the pond in the park down the street, around the lake in the town over, up hills in the foothills and around the Rockies. Opps almost forgot, I love walking by the creeks and especially by the South Platte.

I walk so I walked in here :blushing:
  • nichi123
    nichi123 Posts: 244
    Options
    Yep!! Walking is what helped me lose 42lbs (first time round) and now 9lbs so far... Can't beat it!
  • melindafritz1976
    melindafritz1976 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    yes
    45minutes today
  • SouthernCountryGirl
    SouthernCountryGirl Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Count me in, I love to walk! At least 3 miles a day, would like to gradually start running, doing the C25K
  • kellymbock
    kellymbock Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have just started walking too. I ordered a pedometer that was required for part of the study I am doing. I am going to walk a 5k in about a week. right now I love walking I am only on day four and I already love it. It makes it easier with the weather being nice! Feel free to add me! Looking for support and motivation.
  • harinkie
    harinkie Posts: 20
    Options
    I love walking. Have my fitbit for motivation and friends and relatives if I want to do a longer walk (15-20 km).
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I also walk! :heart:
  • mlynnea03
    mlynnea03 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,015 Member
    Options
    I love walking, it is my quiet time alone to just clear my head. It helps me to relax, clear my head, have some time for me and get in some exercise......win, win
  • new_bella
    new_bella Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I love walking...would like to work my way up to running at some point but walking is great for now. I use Endomondo to keep track of my progress.
  • nathalier71
    nathalier71 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I'm a walker - not the undead kind so I'll be fine if I meet Darryl on the way =)
  • suramey
    suramey Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I use Leslie Sansone dvds to walk at home. I also walk in place while I walk TV. It is amazingly effective!
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I love to walk, especially with a family member, friend or co-worker. It is the exercise you can do your whole life long, and a great way to get "quality time."
  • bobf279
    bobf279 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    When I drive around I miss things, when I run I don't wear my glasses so still miss things but walking with my specs on I get to see loads of stuff I miss day to day
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Me. I've lived in cities all of my life so end up walking hours per day
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I walk, a lot. It is my main form of exercise. I also use the elliptical, weights and some other stuff. But, mostly I walk... incorporate some interval jogging in there as well. Eventually, I hope to start running... maybe next summer. Small wins. :)
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I started Walk at Home and I love it. It is low impact, works all muscle groups, the instructor is motivating, and I can do it in the comfort of my daughter's place. I have injuries to knee's so I can sit if needed or modify the walk. I did a mile (according to video on YouTube) and I was sweating when it was done. I also starting swimming this summer for exercise, again low impact, and that has help me a lot.