Options
2»

Replies

• LoliRei
    LoliRei Posts: 3 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    LoliRei wrote: »
    This is what I have been through so far.
    My first inquiry about the survey was on November 24th.
    My doctor told me I had to quit smoking for 3 months. Also to loose 10 percent. Or they would not take me.
    I have been a smoker for 15 years and I wanted this surgery so bad I quit that exact same day. Cold turkey. My 3 months will be up on February 24th. (This is an accomplishment on its own and the motivation I get off this alone is beyond crazy, it feels sooo good to breathe)
    But even though I quit I was still eating like mad because I was doing it out of boredom due to not having a smoke.

So, I went to see the doctor again in January, complaining about stomach aches due to metformin. ( am prescribed for PCOS) and I brought up the surgery again.
    (I had to make a really really hard desicion right then, as I am/was trying to conceive and they had just got what ever was causing my infertility fixed and I was just beginning to try, all I ever wanted was a family, and I know this sounds rediculous, but even tho I’m only 30, it felt like the end of the world, I am getting to old, which I know it’s not true, it’s just something I had a little panic attack about but my doctor helped me through,and I ultimately decided to go with the surgery in the end)
    After that, she told me I had to loose 10 percent of my weight before they will concider it because they are cracking down on who would be a good candidate that will follow through with the lifestyle changes. Or so my doctor says.
    It also could be different for me because I am in Canada and the surgery is free. So their weeding out who deserves it or not? Not sure. I honestly never asked why.
    Maybe she’s using it as a “past records of weight loss attempts “ (which you also need to have )
    Moving on.
    She also told me I had to be over a bmi of 140 in order to qualify, and there had to be at least one weight related health problems.
    She said I would have no problem in that department seeing how I had pcos.

So that brings us to today. I have lost 10 lbs.
    which i need another 13 to loose for it to be 10% of my weight.
    My next appointment is on the 28th where she will weigh me and send me off to the next step (if I’m down my 13lbs by then)

If you want, I can fill you in with what needs to be done and the steps taken as I myself go through it.

And in my opinion, I know the risks, my doctor had went over them with me, but I trust the doctors, I trust my self. If you really want it, I say get it. I would rather take on all the risks in the world then stay how I am for the rest of my life. Barley even living

So you need to lose 10% of your weight which is a total of 23 pounds. Am I reading this right, you weigh 230 pounds - well 207 pounds after the 23 pounds and they are considering you for a bypass??? I believe you I am just surprised, then again I know nothing about the criteria for getting this surgery.

Sorry must have either explained it awkwardly or my math is just wrong lol

I was 265 pounds, 10% of 265 is 239 I’m down to 250 now.
    Like some one said, it’s more about BMI.
    I’m only 5’3, when I do weigh 239 my bmi will be 242

still over 240, even after I loose the 10%
    So I will still be qualified

• Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    It's definitely mental and if you don't get your brain in check it will be hard to be successful. I was sleeved 8/23/16 - HW 281.6 and my current weight is 161.4. I started maintaining back in October and upping my strength training. You have to want it - it's not an easy answer and it's not the easy way out.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!