anyone with big weight to shed!

Options

Replies

• magllhn
    magllhn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am just digging in myself with over 100lbs to lose. I would love to be apart of the group. Count me in!
  • Katiedetweiler
    Katiedetweiler Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im in! I have lost 29lbs so far and want to loose another 61lbs.
  • KPaden1221
    KPaden1221 Posts: 433
    Options
    I'm in!! I have about 120 more lbs to lose, i've only lost 7, but i'm in it to prove to everyone out there i can do it!
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! I have about 120 more lbs to lose, i've only lost 7, but i'm in it to prove to everyone out there i can do it!

You can do it!
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I have lost 75 from my highest weight but I still have 71 to go. Since 1/4/2004 I had lost 96lbs and for some stupid reason I just stopped trying and gained about half of it back:embarassed:
    But I'm ontrack again.
    The weight loss on my ticker is since I joined MFP.
  • velvetechos
    velvetechos Posts: 234
    Options
    I'm in! I'd like to lose about 60 pounds (minimum) from where I am now (I've lost close to 20 at the moment).
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I joined a group about 2 weeks after coming back to the site in March. We are currently in our 16th week. I believe just posting my weight and participating in the weekly challenges has been a big part of keeping me on track. That thread started with a post almost identical to the OP.

I have another 50 lbs to go and hope to keep that group going throughout my journey. I encourage everyone that showed interest in this thread to stick with it. Just commiting myself to posting my weight weekly has been a huge motivator to staying on track. Three of the original members of the thread I participate in have stuck with it all 16 weeks and have all had amazing results.

I'd wish you all good luck, but you don't need it. Stick with your goals and I'm sure you will all be successful.
  • leanandmeanmachine
    Options
    Hi Amber, I would love to join the group also, and I would love for you to be my buddy on the site. I have to loose about 85-90lbs. I've been eating the South Beach Way and exercising since May and I've lost 23lbs so far. I have a ways to go, but I take one day at a time. I will get this weight off and keep it off this time. This site is really cool, I'm really enjoying it, its keeping me more accountable.
  • Becka77
    Becka77 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'm in. According to my BMI I need to lose a minimum of 155 lbs to be at my "healthy" weight. 16 down, only 139 left to go. Gawd, it just seems so daunting.
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Good luck everyone!! I am here to say it can be done!! it may take some time, but its so worth it!!! Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • satorres
    satorres Posts: 1
    Options
    im trying for 30 lbs at first it seems like so much weight to loose. good for you going for it. today is my first day and im hoping this website will help keep me on track to a healthier lifestyle.
  • Ten10
    Ten10 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    amberkins the feeling of being overwhelmed is natural I have about 50lbs. to lose to get to my goal weight but I am taking it one step at a time, one pound at a time. The weight will come off set some mini goals and reward yourself for those successess. ( I don't believe in rewarding yourself with food) Get a Mani/Pedi. Buy a new handbag, some shoe, treat yourself to a movie. But know that it will happen you didn't gain it over night and you wont lose it in one day. BTW I'm In! Good luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • bubbleblower16
    Options
    Im in! Add me as a friend, I just joined and need to lose about 55 pounds. Its feels like sooo much and I would love to have extra support!! :)
  • succeedin2
    succeedin2 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Count me in we can do it everyone! I need to loose at least 40 pounds and you guys are right sometimes it does seem overwhelming but we can do it! I have seen some of your success already based on your profiles!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    this is a great idea. Yes it is hard when when you have so much to loose, it look impossible. But we can do this together, lets help to motivate and encourage each other. I have about 100 lbs
  • jrkingery
    jrkingery Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I no longer have a lot of weight to lose. I'm less than 20lbs from my target weight of 180lbs now.
    But I have dropped over 70lbs since November and am here to offer encouragement. It's not easy, but it can be done. Hang in there and keep your eye on the overall trend of weight loss, don't let a minor setback or plateau get you discouraged. It's not about the daily weight, it's about the journey. It's a good bet you didn't put all of the weight you want to lose on in a couple of months, it's likely going to take you some time to take it off.

I have had great success using MFP to track my caloric intake coupled with an ever increasing exercise program. I started out walking 5 flights of stairs 4 days per week and now I'm RUNNING 20 flights twice a week and jogging 3 - 3.5 miles 3 times a week using the couch-2-5K program.
  • curvychicky
    Options
    Please count me in. It will be great to do this together, do fitness challenges and water challenges as well! It will be great for support :)
  • anij67
    anij67 Posts: 21
    Options
    Hi! I just saw this post.....add me in!!
  • sunflower0022
    sunflower0022 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    me too!! I have about 120 to lose yet!!
  • dresdenkali
    Options
    The big numbers are always daunting, it actually kept me putting off starting on it. When I started I was @ 326lbs, my goal is 220lbs. One night in march it slammed me that I was ready and started... Since mid march I have managed to lose 65lbs and have 41lbs to go. So I am right in this with many people facing wanting to do this.

Count me in!

Through a friend I discovered this site tonight, on my profile I listed the main 3 focus area's that have worked on to get to were I am.... I posted it, hoping I could help someone in the same situation as I was be able to get the weight off.