anyone with big weight to shed!

Options

Replies

• PalomaRose
    Options
    Yep! That would be me.I've got BIG weight to lose.:sad: I would like to start a family in the near future and I want to lose at least 75lbs before then but over all I want to lose about 125. Thinking about losing that much weight is so scary! It makes me want to vomit haha I just try and break the pounds down into small mini goals and that seems to help. Last year I lost 30lbs and have kept it off :drinker: and that has given me some hope that I CAN AND WILL do this!
  • leanmass24
    leanmass24 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Count me in... I need to lose between 121-135. I set 125 as the goal though... I just started this week so I guess I will post my progress every week... Us big losers can do it.... Just gonna take a little work and and alot of motivation. Just always think about what you will look and feel like at your goal weight. That should help at the motivation end. It has helped me so far.
  • OhioGal44685
    Options
    Yes that would be me. Count me in. I need to loose 130 lbs. I just signed up today but know that I can do this. I just keep telling myself how much better I will feel with the weight gone. Even though I would love to wake up tomorrow and have it all gone I know that it does not work that way. I hope to hear updates as to how everyone else is doing. Hoping to get some encouragement. Great idea.
  • kajsrose
    Options
    i just joined today i have 92 lb s to lose just to get to my goal....i will need all the support i can get...
  • tracyts
    tracyts Posts: 113
    Options
    I have about 102 lbs to lose. Would love to "join" you all on this journey. I would love to encourage and be encouraged by others making the choice to be healthy.
  • jjohnson49
    Options
    I am trying to lose 100 lbs. and I know what you're going through. Let's talk and hang out. Joanne
  • fullboost
    fullboost Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    How's everyone getting on?
    My goal is close to 100lbs in total and i've lost 69lbs so far in around 5 months, so it is possible!
    I doubt i lose my weight the 'right' way or the way MFP dictates you should, but i didn't starve myself, i ate well and it worked, so if anyone wants to chat feel free.
  • s11kholt
    s11kholt Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to lose around 90 lbs. good luck to you all! :-)
  • miss_amy
    miss_amy Posts: 351
    Options
    hi everyone! i too have a lot to lose! my first major goal is 60, but i want to lose about 100 overall. let's do this together! i definitely feel overwhelmed sometimes and think "how am i gonna do this" but i think if we all support each other, we can all reach our goals!

:)
  • kimberlynwilliams
    kimberlynwilliams Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Please add me to your group.
    It's kind of frustrating hearing others complain about not being able to lose 15 pounds to lose when you are trying to lose 5 times that amount.

Nothing against anyone but I need a support group of people who understand my pain!!!

Kimberly
  • seawillow7
    Options
    Sounds good to me...I want to lose about 60 pounds......
  • seawillow7
    Options
    Wow!! 69 ponds in 5 months!! What did you do to accomplish that?
  • fullboost
    fullboost Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Wow!! 69 ponds in 5 months!! What did you do to accomplish that?

Was that aimed at me?
    If so i lost most of that before i even knew about MFP. I just ate healthily! no fad diets or anything.

I used to eat A LOT, so when i first started all i did was replace the junk food i was eating with heailthier foods and still eat quite a lot! I'd still have a big plate of dinner, but instead of that dinner being burgers, chips and other unhealthy foods it would be a pile of vegetables, grilled or oven baked meats and some brown pasta or boiled potatoes. I did the same for my snacks and other meals, ate near enough the same amount of food, but made it all healthy alternatives. That way i wasn't hungry so didn't constantly want to snack on junk and still lost weight.

Once i'd lost a stone or two i was really getting into it so began to cut back on portions, i also joined the gym and attended approx 5 times a week. I kept this going for a few more months and lost another stone or two and then my weight loss slowed.

At that point (now really) i've switched to eating about 5 small meals a day as opposed to breakfast lunch and dinner and am now losing again!

Hope that helps you.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I have been on this site for almost 3 weeks and have lost 13lbs so far. I have big weight to loose and friends for support and motivation are always great. Add me if you would like extra support.
  • scottc
    scottc Posts: 72
    Options
    I have 70 pounds to lose. Count me in! :flowerforyou:
  • staycea0414
    Options
    I would also like to join. I have gained 40 pounds since my wedding day 4 years ago and I am ready to lose that weight forever. My weight has always been struggle my whole life. I have asthma pretty bad so everything it acts up my doctor puts me on steroids which always puts at least 10-15 pounds on me. I always feel like I am eating the same thing so if you guys have any ideas please let me know. Amber you can do it just keep with it. The end result maybe be far but everything you lose a little or someone says how great you look it will just push you more.
  • candlegal
    candlegal Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    To Fullboost, You are amazing! Keep up the great work!
    I need to lose between 70 and 75pds. I have been trying to lose most of the weight since my last son was born, in 1993!!!! I have added alot more weight to myself since that, gained and lost, gained and lost, gained and lost, story of my life. Well I'm starting a new story!! Lose, lose, lose!
  • HaydonS19
    HaydonS19 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I would like to join...I am aiming for about 60-65 pounds. I am hoping to be a sexy MILF by next summer, lol. My hubby has never seen me in a bikini and would love to be able to actually get into one and not look all chunky and frumpy.
  • roughneckswife
    roughneckswife Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I'm so in! I've looked at several different sites that say at my height 5'1 I'm supposed to weigh 115-120. That's not realistic to me and I have no desire to weigh that. I was comfortable at my pre-baby weight of 160, so I am shooting for 145.

***forgot to add, that would mean I need to lose 85-90 pounds LOL**
  • Precious_Nissa
    Options
    I have to lose 150 lbs.........i'd love to get in on this....and i'm new