Women in their 40s!

Options

Replies

• lorimcauslan
    lorimcauslan Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Please add me. I am 47 and have 10-15 to lose. Never been this heavy. Stupid wine! Haha!
  • kellie7850
    kellie7850 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Same here 41 with 4 stone to loose 😳
  • suzyjmcd2
    suzyjmcd2 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Love your memes, Nichole!

Hi everyone -- I'm 44 and almost at my year anniversary on here. Loving the community the best... so supportive, encouraging and motivating! Find good friends on here and stay active with them. They'll get you through! Happy to accept any of you as friends... just let me know you're from here, and plan to stay active on MFP!
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    Awe Suzy, you're so sweet, I suppose that's why we've been friends for a quite some time :):)<3<3
    Ladies, I also agree with her about finding good, motivating, supportive, encouraging friends, it really does make a difference. We support each other through the good times, the bad times and even have some fun a long the way! You can really make some wonderful friends on here if you're up to it.
  • krikit_lo
    krikit_lo Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Just turned 42 and looking to lose 50-60lbs by my birthday in November. Looking to find support and give it!
  • stephaniearnsdorff
    Options
    I am 40! I have a lot of weight to lose! Feel free to add me!
  • gregandrorie0730
    gregandrorie0730 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 46. Gained 50 lbs after an illness, only needed to gain 10. Plus all my fat has redistributed to my waistline. Damn early menopause.
  • sweetnic
    sweetnic Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Please add me. I am 47 and have 10-15 to lose. Never been this heavy. Stupid wine! Haha!

Oh wine... you are the devil!!! 😂

I’ve cut out wine - 3 nights so far without it and I miss it. Trying to cut it out for the whole month of January. My in-laws visit in 2 weeks - not sure I will be able to get through that weekend without it!!! 😂🤣
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I'm 46. Gained 50 lbs after an illness, only needed to gain 10. Plus all my fat has redistributed to my waistline. Damn early menopause.

ugh, yes. I've read and noticed first hand how my fat distribution has changed "going through the change". I'm still perimenopausal though. I just started HRT and I'm hoping it will help drop some of that lower belly fat accumulation.
  • springsweet
    springsweet Posts: 184 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    sweetnic wrote: »

Oh wine... you are the devil!!! 😂

I’ve cut out wine - 3 nights so far without it and I miss it. Trying to cut it out for the whole month of January. My in-laws visit in 2 weeks - not sure I will be able to get through that weekend without it!!! 😂🤣

Ugh, I'm in the same boat! I just turned 43 last month. I have 1-2 glasses of wine most nights. I'm also the heaviest I've EVER been. I decided Dry January was my only hope for losing weight, which I so desperately want. So yesterday was my first day without wine (I'm a couple days late). When I got home I poured out 3 open bottles of wine including the bottle of Prosecco my hubby got for us for NYE. :( Le sigh.

My girlfriends and I just set the date for our annual spring beach trip in May. I would like to be 20 lbs lighter by then. That's realistic right? Honestly I want to drop 50 total, but I think that's a good start. I want to feel good in a bikini again! It SUCKS being fat at the beach!
  • springsweet
    Options
    Btw, what type of diet or wokout is everyone doing? Low cal, keto etc.

I just started a 16/8 fast schedule yesterday. Has anyone else ever done this? It seems simple enough. But wish me luck please!
    I also decided to do a Dry January at the same time. UGH.
  • springsweet
    Options
    How do you add a friend?
  • NSthingoldline
    NSthingoldline Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    45 in March
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    How do you add a friend?
    Click their name, then click again and it gives you the option of adding them. It's always nice if you put a note in there too of where you saw them at:)

• Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    Ladies, are you giving up wine because you want too? Or is there health risks involved? I only ask because I am a steadfast Michelob Ultra drinker. I have drank it the entire time while losing weight. I have lost over 50 pounds still drinking. I work in construction with a lot of guys, so beer is always a necessity....LOL
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am 48 and looking for a group to stay motivated. I would like to lose 40 lbs by July with my official weigh-in day as Friday. Today marks the end of week one and I am off to a good start with a 2.3 lb loss.

My biggest goal for the first 2 weeks is to log all meals and snacks. I am good during the week but lose structure and motivation on the weekends. The other challenge for me is actively. With 2 kids (girl-9 and boy-11), I am chauffeuring them to appointments and activities 6 days of the week and have very little me time. I got an Apple Watch for Christmas and so far it’s doing a good job keeping me motivated.

@springsweet I have read about IF and I am giving it a shot too. My window to eat will be 10-6. It’s 9:30 right now and I am counting the minutes.

@daisytripp Sorry for your loss. I never carried a pregnancy to term and I know the grief though my losses were early on.

As far as the menopause thing goes, I’m not really sure where I’m at. I haven’t had a cycle since May. Other than slowing metabolism and more belly fat, I have zero symptoms. I will need to discuss it with my PCP when I have my annual appointment.
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    8vxfej0cu11o.jpg
    Happy Friday Ladies!!!! I hope you all have an AMAZING weekend!!
  • masdec7
    masdec7 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm 41 and looking to lose about 100 lbs. Feel free to add me.