Replies

• Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    c0bcqz2pa8ij.jpg
    Happy New Year's Eve Ladies!!!!
    Nice to see some new faces in here :):)
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    Btw, what type of diet or wokout is everyone doing? Low cal, keto etc.

Mine has also been crappy like @mom23mangos since the holidays!!!!
    My diet is "Eat less than I burn"....lol Seriously though, I still eat everything I used too, just in a lot smaller portions. I can not "ban" any foods either. I <3 my Michelob Ultra, so I just make room for it. My workouts, now that I am back to them consist of strength/weight training, Zumba. When I get to the gym I do some walking/running intervals. Find something you like and as Nike says "Just Do It" :):)
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    jmgr9993 wrote: »
    Ugh !!! I allowed the Christmas Holiday to take over and I got side tracked from my healthy goals !! Now I am back and more committed than ever to get up, brush myself off and start fresh !!! So glad to have the support from this group !!

03as8mjtstye.jpeg

That's the RIGHT ATTITUDE to have!!!!
  • ShopGirl9999
    ShopGirl9999 Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Overall had a good week...stayed within calorie range and active.

Today is rest day but still staying within calorie range 1200-1400 regardless of parties and food.
  • ShopGirl9999
    Options
    Happy Healthy 2019!
  • slg1009
    slg1009 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi All, 41 here. The older I get, the harder it is to lose weight. Oh, to have my 20 year old body again! Feel free to add me.
  • unc98mlc
    unc98mlc Posts: 32 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I’m a long time MFP user and have always been unsuccessful because I’m inconsistent/eat too much/move too little. I’m finally ready to commit and make this happen! I’m 42. I plan to buckle down on portions/track calories and do 3 strength training/2 cardio sessions each week.

I’m 5’4”
    SW/CW: 224.6
    GW: 150
  • hapamama23
    hapamama23 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, I have been around for a while but hoping to get back on track soon. I know I have gained weight through the holidays, not sure how much. We had a small house fire about 6 weeks ago and my scale (and clothes, shoes, razor heads, extra shampoo, and pretty much everything else previously in my bedroom and master bath) is buried in the garage. We are s.l.o.w.l.y. getting construction repairs done and trying to get back to normal. In the meantime, I am going to find my scale and exercise pants and get back into finding a healthier me. Maybe exercise will help relieve the stress of dealing with contractors. Maybe?
  • gamecocksrugby
    gamecocksrugby Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    unc98mlc wrote: »
    I’m a long time MFP user and have always been unsuccessful because I’m inconsistent/eat too much/move too little. I’m finally ready to commit and make this happen! I’m 42. I plan to buckle down on portions/track calories and do 3 strength training/2 cardio sessions each week.

I’m 5’4”
    SW/CW: 224.6
    GW: 150

I have almost the same story! I need to suckle down. I am 6’2”, CW280, and trying to get to 220.
  • sweetnic
    sweetnic Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I’m 46 and have struggled with my weight all my life. I’ve never been “thin”, but as perimenopause is creeping in, so is the added weight (especially in the belly area). I need to make life changes and cannot do it alone (I’ve tried and tried!). Please feel free to add me so we can take this journey together!
  • sweetnic
    Options
    Lol! Just noticed this thread is a year old - anyone still on it? 😂
  • msksavs
    msksavs Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 44 and this is the year that I am going to meet my goal of losing 30-35lbs (with your help of course ;) )
    Feel free to add me
  • ShopGirl9999
    Options
    I am active and use fitbit. One thing I noticed after 40...weight loss happens when I eat less verses just working out.

Fitbit is amazing if you love to run and walk. I only use it for steps miles...not caloies burned. I only wear it during workout otherwise it will count steps on any small hand movement. It helps me stay honest about how much I really moved.
  • jlmarciniak
    jlmarciniak Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello! I turn 41 in February. Everything is slowing down, including my ability to lose weight. So here are my stats:
    1. Current weight 224 (heaviest ever)
    2. Goal weight 175
    3. Height 5'7"

I did MFP successfully about 5 years ago and lost about 30 lbs. It was awesome. Changed jobs and locations and slowly it all crept back on.
  • Wantstobefitagain
    Wantstobefitagain Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am a 48 year old mom. Something happened after I had kids (10 yea ago so really no more excuses) and I cravvvvve carbs and sugar like it’s nobody’s business! Especially at night when I finally get some quiet time. I want to lose 15 lbs and then maybe a few more after that. But for now 15 lbs is very reasonable. I am petite (5’1”) and every lb drags me down. Would love to be part of this group of awesome ladies. Did I mention the many pieces of too-right or won’t zip clothing in my closet with tags on that are begging me to wear them?!
  • ShopGirl9999
    Options
    Hi, I have same situation as you. 15 lbs that I need to lose also. I am 5' 4".

Yes, I do too have clothes begging me to wear them. That totally made me relate.

Lets make it a great day!
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    2407ukw1dtkk.jpg
    Hello Ladies, new faces again, I <3<3<3 it!!!!
    Welcome back Samantha, it's good to see you in here again:) I hope the construction is going well for you!!
    Ladies, YOU can ALL achieve your goals if you want them bad enough! All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to persue them.(Walt Disney)
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    sweetnic wrote: »

We are still here:)
  • sweetnic
    Options
    sweetnic wrote: »

We are still here:)

Ha ha!!! On my phone it showed as the last post as being a year ago, then I logged in on my computer and saw that it was still current!! Oops!!

• DaniMerc72
    DaniMerc72 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm interested in being part of a group of like-minded women! I am 46 and I am tired of being tired all the time. I was doing great--eating well, working out, excellent motivation--and I lost 35 pounds....then I got lazy and lost my groove and "found" 28 of them again :(

Feel free to add me--I need all the help I can get!