Women in their 40s!

Options

Replies

• hopelessdreamer12
    hopelessdreamer12 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    neepex27 wrote: »
    I’m back after falling off the calorie-counting-fitness pal-wagon for a few months. Been faithfully counting and staying active for the last 3+ weeks.

Would love some friends for accountability and support.
    I’m 43, have two teenage boys, LOVE my daily treadmill-music-pumping time, and love my Fitbit!

Enjoy your day everyone!

I don’t have a Fitbit , but I would love to encourage you along the way 😀
  • winodini
    winodini Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I’m back after falling off the calorie-counting-fitness pal-wagon for a few months. Been faithfully counting and staying active for the last 3+ weeks.

I’m 43, have two teenage boys, LOVE my daily treadmill-music-pumping time, and love my Fitbit!

Enjoy your day everyone!

I really enjoy my Fitbit! It’s great for accounting for movements during the day! I do sitting office work, and it was shocking to see how inactive I was! Now I use my Fitbit to make sure I’m moving throughout the day 😊

• ksales507
    ksales507 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    winodini wrote: »

Enjoy your day everyone!

I really enjoy my Fitbit! It’s great for accounting for movements during the day! I do sitting office work, and it was shocking to see how inactive I was! Now I use my Fitbit to make sure I’m moving throughout the day 😊

I have a Garmin Vívofit, which I like. It’s waterproof and tracks steps and sleep and calories and probably more that I don’t use. And it was less expensive than a Fitbit. But (vanity here!) it’s not the chicest thing to have on my wrist. The clip is Ok, but I forget to move it. What model Fitbit do you (anyone!) have that you really like and why?
  • winodini
    Options
    ksales507 wrote: »

Enjoy your day everyone!

I have a Garmin Vívofit, which I like. It’s waterproof and tracks steps and sleep and calories and probably more that I don’t use. And it was less expensive than a Fitbit. But (vanity here!) it’s not the chicest thing to have on my wrist. The clip is Ok, but I forget to move it. What model Fitbit do you (anyone!) have that you really like and why?

I have an Alta; I like that I can change the band on it to be more stylish (vanity haha). It comes with an easy to us app. I do wish I had one that monitored heart rate; but it does track sleep! I like that the app allows you to have friends to do daily/weekly/weekend challenges with!
  • lk2011
    lk2011 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    ksales507 wrote: »

Enjoy your day everyone!

I LOVE my fitbit. It is an obsession. I have the Charge 2 and the Versa. The Charge 2 was easier to use but the Versa feels better on my wrist and has more options to play with.
  • prancingpawsdogsitting
    Options
    I'm 47 and looking at dropping 20 - 30lbs. I did this before on here. Left a year ago which I should of never done. Add me for positive support and encouragement!
  • D222w
    D222w Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I would love friends in the same age range too! I'm 46 and have a solid 20+ pounds to lose. I need accountability. :) feel free to add me.
  • julpmas
    julpmas Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Would love some motivation from ladies in tueor 40s. I'm 46 and have 20+ pounds to lose. Please add me;)
  • vanharlaxton
    vanharlaxton Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey Hi! I’m mid 40s, am starting again & am looking for motivation and support myself... am down 10 lbs since mid Dec. Woukd love to lose 50 more, but 30 may be a better goal!
  • winodini
    edited January 2019
    Options
    sweetnic wrote: »
    I want to brag on myself for just a moment. I am so proud of myself and know you ladies would understand. :-) I just finished a stressful, super busy weekend. My daughter was in the Nutcracker (her studio always does it in January) Friday and Saturday. My inlaws were visiting and the amount of junk food they bring into our home is just absolutely ridiculous. AND we celebrated my daughters 15th birthday last night. So many opportunities to let the stress overtake me - i did enjoy some birthday cake and a few pieces of chocolate here and there, but I when I got on the scale this morning I lost 0.8 lb!!! I'll take it!!

Recital week is always stressful! Congratulations on your loss! That’s an excellent victory!

• jmgr9993
    jmgr9993 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    sweetnic wrote: »
    I want to brag on myself for just a moment. I am so proud of myself and know you ladies would understand. :-) I just finished a stressful, super busy weekend. My daughter was in the Nutcracker (her studio always does it in January) Friday and Saturday. My inlaws were visiting and the amount of junk food they bring into our home is just absolutely ridiculous. AND we celebrated my daughters 15th birthday last night. So many opportunities to let the stress overtake me - i did enjoy some birthday cake and a few pieces of chocolate here and there, but I when I got on the scale this morning I lost 0.8 lb!!! I'll take it!!

Recital week is always stressful! Congratulations on your loss! That’s an excellent victory!

Awesome!! Congratulations!!!
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    WOW, I leave on vacation for a week and this thread has really taken back off again, I LOVE IT!!! Love seeing all the new faces:)
    I did gain 3.5 pounds while I was in the Dominican Republic, not from the food though....yuck, it was all those dang Pina Coladas :):) I did manage to keep fairly active with pool volleyball, zumba, yoga, dance lessons and a ton of walking. There were days my Garmin said I had more active calories than resting calories....lol. I honestly thought I would have gained more, but I can deal with 3.5 pounds...Back to logging my food intake again.
    I have read through most of the updates & you ladies are doing AWESOME!!!! Keep up the great work!
    Here's to a great week:)
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    4govejip39fe.jpg

It's been one of those mornings!

<3 This!!! You got this, one foot in front of the other, and keep chug chug chugging along!
  • Yana220
    Yana220 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I just turned 41 last month. :smile:

I want to lose 50 pounds. I mostly do home workouts and I need to get better about tracking.

Please feel free to add me, I love to give, and could use some support!