Anyone accept a weight that wasn't their "ultimate goal"?

Options
1235»

Replies

• MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I hit original GW of 135 and stayed there for a year, but this year I decided I want to take off a little more and am aiming for 130 by May - I've got about 2lbs to go I think. Just the very few pounds off so far have started to slim my middle more which couldn't be nicer, I see some definition there. The only reason I'd reach lower would be to see if the inner thighs might be next, but at that point I'm just being excessively finicky. Depending on what 130 looks like I need to have a good think and either stay there or try to put that 5lbs back on in muscle and reassess again.
  • LisaTcan
    LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I have, and this might be unpopular around here but currently (at least for now haha) I am settling for still being 30 pounds overweight after having lost 130 lbs. For whatever reason I can't seem to shake the last 30. I've been stuck at this weight, within a ten pound window either way, for a year and a half now no matter what I do. I don't even feel like losing 130 was a big victory anymore because I got so fixated on how I didn't reach my ultimate goal! SO lately I'm trying to step back and realize I actually did successfully lose a lot. Obviously this is different from your situation but maybe sometimes our bodies just decide something a little different than what we decide our ultimate goal is?

I think losing 130 is very inspiring, and maintaining that loss is even more awesome. Good for you :)
  • Pastaprincess1978
    Pastaprincess1978 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I am not convinced I should be heavier than I was in HS so I'm aiming for another 6 kg loss - putting me about 2-3 kg below what I was when I graduated. BMI would be about 20-21

Personally, I think it can work both ways. Yes you need a little more fat as you age to look less 'drawn', but younger people can look less 'saggy' and more 'thick' which is a better look.

I also feel that being lighter makes my joints feel a lot better and I generally feel better physically when lighter. This then makes me feel better mentally/emotionally.

I think it's very individual as well.

The last 10-15 lbs is difficult I am told, and yes finding that true here.