What the flip up with my SCALE!!

Options

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Just gonna re-drop that, @nutmegoreo, so people don't have to click on it.

Not that you're listening, @tinaalisa15, but this is what real weight loss looks like. Not a straight line down.
    ceo9rulkrdau.png

Thanks! I don't know what the eff with my techno-fleas today! :laugh:
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

Not that you're listening, @tinaalisa15, but this is what real weight loss looks like. Not a straight line down.
    ceo9rulkrdau.png

I have to drag and drop off my desktop, or my photos do that. Can't load them from my phone at all without them being thumbnails.
  • nutmegoreo
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

ceo9rulkrdau.png

I have to drag and drop off my desktop, or my photos do that. Can't load them from my phone at all without them being thumbnails.

I can usually get them to work, I'm just going to give up for today. It's not like this is going to be helpful anyways.
  • Mellykay88
    Mellykay88 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Someone may have suggested this already, but it could me due to time of the month. 1 - 2 weeks before my period I can count on weight loss slowing or stalling out completely. When I start my period or shortly after I lose A LOT very rapidly. Keep doing what you are doing and consider taking a break from the scale if it is going to derail you.
  • TeachergirlCeleste
    Options

ceo9rulkrdau.png

I don't understand it's constantly dropping
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    And to make matters worse we are having a valentine day party on Wednesday and there will be so much sweets and foods. I HATE TEACHING KIDS DURING THE HOLIDAYS.
    I also tossed my scale in the trash. it's incompetent

You don't have to eat the food.

Your scale is pretty accurate if you ask me. You just need to understand how it works.
  • nutmegoreo
    Options

ceo9rulkrdau.png

I don't understand it's constantly dropping

There's ups and downs over a FIVE MONTH time period.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    And to make matters worse we are having a valentine day party on Wednesday and there will be so much sweets and foods. I HATE TEACHING KIDS DURING THE HOLIDAYS.

Your scale is pretty accurate if you ask me. You just need to understand how it works.

My Scale is against me! It's the enemy

Are you sure it's the scale? I would have said it sounds more like your body is against you. Or your mind.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

My Scale is against me! It's the enemy

Why blame the scale for something your body does natural to help it function?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    A cheat meal=probably excess carbs and sodium=water weight gain

As we've all been saying, it's NOT the scale. It's the unrealistic expectations and impatience you're displaying.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,975 Member
    Options
    Here, I'm not trying to lose too much weight right now, but the DOTS are my actual weigh-in, and the trend line is just that - a trend that the app creates over time. This is how much my weight fluctuates, and I'm much smaller to begin with, which means your flucuations could very well be quite normal if you're actually sticking to, and being accurate with your diet.

5ozhjax9b05g.png

Mostly feel like OP here is here to complain, but hey, sometimes a visual helps so I'll help in that department.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    ...Mostly feel like OP here is here to complain, but hey, sometimes a visual helps so I'll help in that department.

^ I got that feeling as well.

OP, you may want to clarify what the intent of your thread is - whether you just want to vent/rant, or if you're actually seeking help/advice. It would save people some time and help them tailor their responses accordingly.
  • nutmegoreo
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    ...Mostly feel like OP here is here to complain, but hey, sometimes a visual helps so I'll help in that department.

^ I got that feeling as well.

OP, you may want to clarify what the intent of your thread is - whether you just want to vent/rant, or if you're actually seeking help/advice. It would save people some time and help them tailor their responses accordingly.

Or just ignore, if no help is wanted.